please help

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
97neon
1GN Registrant

please help

Post by 97neon » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:24 pm

ok i started the notice the other day when taking off from a light the car spitts and bucks , so i get in it a little then shift to second ... and i am getting codes : 12 , 21 , 43 , and 55

any1 know what could cause this ??? i know i need to change the plugs and wires it's been 32K miles since i last done it
97 neon 2dr sport , with atx TB , mopar pcm , long tube header , 3.0 intake , UDP , crane 12 cam ( not installed yet ) , STS ,moroso resonator , srt rear exhaust , srt4 seats and 2nd gen console , depo projector headlights w/ 6000k HID's .... more to come

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:54 pm

12 -- battery connection to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles
21 o2 sensor problem
43 Cylinder misifre (could be your sputtering, Change plugs!)
55 End of codes
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:31 am

Change your o2 sensor and your plugs. I'm sure your o2 sensor went bad and made you run rich, fouling a plug. If you have an exhaust leak, find it and fix it too.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:02 pm

My car runs fine without a downstream o2 sensor. I'm guessing the upstream o2 sensor would have to be bad to have the problems you have, if that is the case. Changes plugs first, cheap fix. Then go from there.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.

97neon
1GN Registrant

Post by 97neon » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:35 pm

thanks guys i went out and bought new plugs and wires tonight .... wont be-able to do it till the morning , i'll let ya know how it goes .

thanks again
97 neon 2dr sport , with atx TB , mopar pcm , long tube header , 3.0 intake , UDP , crane 12 cam ( not installed yet ) , STS ,moroso resonator , srt rear exhaust , srt4 seats and 2nd gen console , depo projector headlights w/ 6000k HID's .... more to come

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:07 am

Let us know. :D

97neon
1GN Registrant

Post by 97neon » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:46 pm

ok i went to change plugs today and on cylinder 1 i noticed when i took the plug out , that it was fatter then the one's i took out . so i went to auto zone and they said it could be the threads from the spark plug tube seal .... how hard is it to change that out , and if i have to put a new VC gasket & spark plug tube gaskets on then thats no problem

Joe

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:34 pm

What do you mean it was fatter?

97neon
1GN Registrant

Post by 97neon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

the guy at autozone said that the plug took the threads out of the head when i went to remove the plug , which made the plug look fatter then the rest ..... how easy is this to fix ???? do i need to get a new head now , or can i re-tap it ???

thanks ,
joe

( asshole b4 me puts what it looks like thread lock on the plugs , but the other ones came out fine )

custom95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by custom95neon » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm

you need to get thread inserts

97neon
1GN Registrant

Post by 97neon » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:38 pm

where do i get those from ??? and which one's do i need ??? sorry for all the questions guys lol

thanks,
joe

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:33 pm

97neon wrote:where do i get those from ??? and which one's do i need ??? sorry for all the questions guys lol

thanks,
joe
autozone and advance auto both sell kits. looks something like this
and costs around $25. not sure what size you need because i just woke up five minutes ago and have to get ready for work in another five minutes. but you need the size our spark plugs are, maybe someone else can chime in with that info or you could ask the guy at the parts counter, they love questions.

97neon
1GN Registrant

Post by 97neon » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:39 pm

yeah i'll ask them there thats if there a help @autozone ... which here in va there not too bright lol

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 am

Napa, Carquest, O' Reilly? I've given up on Autostoned years ago.

Here is exactly what you need.

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail ... 0006396289

Used this same kit a few years back on a miata.

The tap goes on the end of a 3/8 extension, with a ratchet on top.

Start with hand threading the tap and extension into the hole. Turn the tap 1/4 turn with the ratchet, then back it out and remove.
Clean all the aluminum off the tap by dipping it in motor oil. What I did was have a small container of oil (like a lid to a rattle can of paint )
Re-insert the tap down the tube and into the hole again by hand, then cut another 1/4 worth of threads. The key is keeping the tap square in the hole.
Keep doing this until you have enough thread cut to use one of the inserts.

Now before you put the insert in, have the engine running for about 30 seconds to blow any shavings out of that cylinder. The car will run on three cylinders and it will be fine.

The insert threads onto a spark plug, which then you thread into the hole like normal. You will need a high temp locktite to coat the outside threads of the insert. Start the spark plug/insert by hand, then tighten with a little more force than normal. Let sit for 30 minutes.

The last step is to expand the top of the insert where the knurls are with the included expanding tool. Remove the spark plug first, then just drop the tool down the tube and using an extension, hammer on it a few times.

Hope this helps.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07