Emissions woes

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
JoeNYGSport
1GN n00b

Emissions woes

Post by JoeNYGSport » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:58 pm

Okay, damn emissions.. Really. I'm in the process or reviving my 1995 Dodge Neon aka "Slimer". I recently bought him back from a friend I sold it to, it has been sitting for a little over a year and upon revival has had a damn hard time going through emissions.
The Car: 1995 Sport Coupe 2.0L DOHC
Mopar ECM, Ice man cold air, Nology Wires, MSD Coil, MOROSO pan, AT Throttle body, Unorthidox UDP, Blackdog long tube header, Flow master cat back, high flow cat, and a few other ods and ends.

After sitting so long car received new filters, Mobil 1 High Mileage oil, New NGK plugs, and a bottle of Lucas.

1st attempt, just "winged it" and failed only on Hydro Carbons @ idle, Idle limit 220 / Idle Results 314

2nd attempt, Worse... Eliminated Breather to Ice man, Breather now vented to atmosphere. EGR Disconnected
again Idle Limit 220 / Idle Results 353

3rd attempt, Better. Reconnected EGR, added the high flow cat, Ran through 1/2 tank of Chevron Supreme
Idle Limit 220 / Idle Results 266

4th better, but still not dice.. Added a bottle of Risolene Compression restore took off the Air filter to increase the air flow, ran a bunch more miles, let it get hot.
Idle Limit 220 / Idle Results 254

Okay... Now I need ideas...... Help.......
1995 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe
DOHC, 5spd with more bolt ons then you can shake a stick at.

AKA JoeNeonSport

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm

You need a better converter. Put the stock manifold and converter on to pass the test. Quit putting shit in your oil.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

JoeNYGSport
1GN n00b

Yep.

Post by JoeNYGSport » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:20 pm

That would be great if I had the factory set up still. But its gone. As far as the cat, I dont know how I get much better then http://www.magnaflow.com/02catalytic_co ... 000oem.asp Oil additives, I have to agree. Not a big fan, but talked to a couple guys that have run it first hand, and it did seem to make a difference. I usually do try and stay away from them though.

AKA JoeNeonSport

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 pm

An aftermarket converter will never perform as well as an OEM converter. Another issue you face is that your universal converter is far away from the head due to the long tube header. This greater distance doesn't allow the converter to get hot enough to be as efficient as it probably could be. Be sure your idle speed is correct, as a high idle will cause a rise in HC.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

JoeNYGSport
1GN n00b

ah.

Post by JoeNYGSport » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:53 pm

superman13 wrote:good
WTF? Spam bot...

AKA JoeNeonSport

xiaojunznz1
1GN n00b

Post by xiaojunznz1 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 am

You can surf the Internet access to relevant data and information, and discuss with friends, maybe can help you, wish you good luck.