Got robbed now what?

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Got robbed now what?

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon May 17, 2010 3:39 pm

I had a whole parts car i was using to do my dohc swap and it got stolen....luckily i had the head off the car and the intake but the head was about bare now i need lifters, rockers, cams, cam gears, idler pulley, and a cam sensor if anyone has these parts cheap please pm me im tryin to keep it under 150 if at all possible im just lookin for stock parts like i had im not too picky also lost the bearing caps i know your not supposed to swap those cause of line boring but i really need those too. thanks to anyone that helps me out in advance.also if its worth it to anyone ill have a full sohc head with 95 cam in great condition with around 120000 on it and an aluminum intake and stock exhaust manifold and the other stuff i dont use for sale or partial trade for the parts i need
My sohc runs good mid 15s should i do dohc?

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Mon May 17, 2010 6:44 pm

A car that don't run got stolen?? The only place I've geard that is http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/overhaulin/overhaulin.html

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon May 17, 2010 10:22 pm

i have cams and gears maybe we can trade for somthing you just pay for shipping, i am in need of hood, bumper, fenders, muffler, header, shifter bushings, radio, door speakers, antenna

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:00 am

i have an antenna and brand new sony door speakers... whats it to ya id have most those things but they got stolen...

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 am

is the antenna female or male end? im sure we'll figure somthing out dude i wanna help you out.

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Thanks alot man i appreciate it gettin stolen from sucks i had everything i needed in tha car for my swap now i have a bare head and an intake and a few parts..the antenna is female if need be i can pull the other end off my car (the whole assembly behind the fender) i also have some turbo parts, a nice front mount hahn turbo manifold and a new bov... i have a full working ac setup good compressor condensor and lines....i cat think of what all i got jus lemme know if you can think of anything you might need and ill see what i can do.

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Re: Got robbed now what?

Post by DOHCRT » Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 pm

nuklhed074 wrote:also lost the bearing caps i know your not supposed to swap those cause of line boring but i really need those too.
Sorry to break it to you, but your head is junk without the caps that came with it. Using other caps will break your engine in a very short time unless you have the caps bored and add journal bearings. That would cost more than getting another head.

How and why would someone steal a parts car?
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Tue May 18, 2010 5:38 pm

the whole a/c setup sounds good to i can put it in my other rt, need it here in florida. also can u give me some more info on the speakers and maybe a pic? and the antenna will fit mine as well.

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:57 pm

DOHCRT- this i know as i stated thats why im in a screwed position i have an avenger head with caps but i dont want my exhaust up front idk what im goin to do... i just want all the stuff for my swap itll buff i work it all out...and if i know how it got stolen id track it down i had it stored at a friends garage outside had to have been trailered cause it only had one wheel and they left my jackstands :) i guess i can be optimistic

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Wed May 19, 2010 12:04 am

JmAnneonrt wrote:the whole a/c setup sounds good to i can put it in my other rt, need it here in florida. also can u give me some more info on the speakers and maybe a pic? and the antenna will fit mine as well.[/quote

http://di1.shopping.com/images1/pi/c1/8 ... peaker.jpg

well jus let me know what you think man or if there is anything you need..

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Thu May 20, 2010 12:51 am

the ac, speakers, antenna sounds good. would you happen to have a header or muffler anything like that? other then that i need the big stuff like i posted to finish my little project got another rt tryin to put back to stock and i need hood, fenders, fogbumper, fogs, front bumper sliders, antenna, door speakers, control arm bushings... i think thats it.
I was thinking popping ac in there cause i might make it a dd when its done and here in florida ac would be great to have.

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Thu May 20, 2010 5:52 pm

sorry to dissapoint but the speakers are gone i have one fog light though and the ac setup and antenna is that good or you want me to pitch in like 20 or 30 bucks?

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 pm

If you have $150 to spend on having the machine work done and buying all the valvetrain parts, just look for a used DOHC head. I'm sure you'll be able to find one.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Fri May 21, 2010 11:22 pm

i friends already hookin me up with both fogs. but roys right save that 150 and just buy a whole head and you wont need all that extra stuff.

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon May 24, 2010 1:26 pm

well i figured it might be worth it to buy 2.7 rockers and i found the lifters i had em in a box thank god i dont know if i need the cams though i can get a fresh sohc head for 40 dollars.. unless you really want this stuff and ill still go through with it