Injectors question!

Have a question that your not sure what category it fits into or isn't really a specific question about a specific part? Ask it here...
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Injectors question!

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:10 am

Hey guys. My problem is the injectors arent long enough. I have a 2.0 dohc intake, stage 1 srt injectors, and a srt4 fuel rail. Now judging on appearance the srt rail is the same size/shape as the stock 2.0 dohc rail. So i looked at the injectors and the stage 1 srt injectors are like 1/2 inch shorter than the stock 2.0 dohc injectors. are there injectors i can get on the cheap that are long enough or should i just spend the money and get some 30lb/hr accel's off of modern? (or should i get a different size? i figured 30 would be a nice medium since stage 1 is about 20 so i figured if im going to drop some bank i might as well go bigger) some input from the other guys that have gone 2.4 turbo would be great!
here is a picture of the injectors (i believe they are stage one.. lol)
injectors next to fuel rail.
the intake.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 am

i believe the org already answered my question but im still up for hearing others opinions. :)
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm

cut the brackets on the fuel rail and make them shorter.

SRT stage 1 injectors are much larger than 30lb/hr. They're somewhere around 42lb/hr.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm

DOHCRT wrote:cut the brackets on the fuel rail and make them shorter.

SRT stage 1 injectors are much larger than 30lb/hr. They're somewhere around 42lb/hr.
there's all the answers you need.
You know me

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:30 pm

yeah i figured all that out already :) thanks though!!
The definition of a NEON