what todo next need help

Welcome to 1GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
cudahy
1GN Registrant

what todo next need help

Post by cudahy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 am

i have been a part of this fourm for a few years now i have a 1996,2 dr,5 spd,SOHC with a few bolt ons, 2 1/4 stainless mopar cat back not cat with shorty headman header,cai,atx throtttel body, upper strut bars, and injecters out of a 318, i have had this car for almost 3 years and at first i loved it but after about 2 years i dident think it was so cool anymore the body started to rust and get rough i have been thinking of getting a new car but thats going to cost lots of money (im more of a cheap so to say kind of person) im a heavy truck a coach tech apperntice and have almost an endless supply of neon stuff at a local scrap yard for cheper then most, now i have been concidering a 2.4l swap with a few extra suspention upgrades to grip the car (also make it more fun to drive all around on the street) now... i cant make up my mind on what do do i know i dont want a turbo car and the 2.0 just isent goting to last much longer as its burns oil now and getting worse
i have not been able to talk to anyone that has done this swap is it worth it over a 2.0l sohc with a few extra things such as cams, valve springs,mopar pcm,intake and exhaust, and head work is this worth it, i want somthing to drive to the track and drive home afterwords is the 2.4l the way for me to go or should i get of neons done any one have an opinion on my situation
Last edited by cudahy on Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echoalpha23
1GN Registrant

Post by Echoalpha23 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 pm

:ttiwwp:

cudahy
1GN Registrant

Post by cudahy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:12 pm

ImageImage
so this is what im working with

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

good loooking car

My opinion is that spending money to "hop-up" the SOHC engine is a waste. The DOHC engines have greater potential.
If you're not sold on turbochargers, then the 2.4 liter N/A Dodge Stratus engine is good
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

cudahy
1GN Registrant

Post by cudahy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

yeah its time for the SOHC to go its been a great engin but im ready to have fun with the car now that im out of school and im thinking that the 2.4L will be my best bet im not agents a turbo car but it almost seems like it would cost alot more money then the 2.4L swap but thats why im asking every one on the fourm also there really are not that many neon guys that live around me so im kinda the odd one out but thats why i like the neon! because other people dont

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Your Neon does not look that bad, as long as the rust has not attacked the structual I would say fix it... new vehicles are nice, but cost money,and a few years down the road it is not so new anymore and you are still making that payment......If you want all motor and and relieble I would go 2.4 swap, if you feel a little adventrous build the SOHC with forged pistons and eagle rods and add a 100 wet shot of Nitrous...So many ways to go and can do alot without spending a ton of money,that is why I still own a Neon..... So many people have done the work for you already on what works and what does not,also seems people that work on and drive Neons want to be different and not blend in the sea of Civics.... Check out my progress log in the progress thread section, brought my old 95 back from the grave for 700 bucks .......I know it will be good and dependable because I put it together and touched every nut and bolt on the car :)
1995 Plymouth Strawberry 4 door was SOHC ATX with now a full 98 R/T DOHC MTX everything swap front to back ....300,000 miles on 95 before being reborn as a 98 R/T with 68,000 miles.

http://www2.cardomain.com/ride/779073

custom95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by custom95neon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:35 pm

what kind of turn single bulbs did you use on your parking lights

subzero
1GN Registrant

Post by subzero » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm

r ur turn signals even legal?

cudahy
1GN Registrant

Post by cudahy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:51 pm

They are LED'S when I bought them the where advertised as white but when I put them in they looked more like blue then white and no they are not legal because they are not amber lights, cops only ever said anything to me once at a ride check at nite, but because they are led they make you turn signal relayflash (fast ) as if a light was out because the low resistance of the led so u can get the proper flasher or put a resistor in line

Echoalpha23
1GN Registrant

Post by Echoalpha23 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:37 am

likin those eyelids! vinyl or glass???

nice ride btw alot nicer than mine!

cudahy
1GN Registrant

Post by cudahy » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:45 am

The eye lids a red vinal I was happy with the way they turned out, thanks ... The car a littel rough around the edges now but its still nuthing that can't be fixed... O yeah the trans finally let go this morning on my way to school of course so now its now parked untill i get another trans hopefully the clutch is ok