wat upppppp

Welcome to 1GN.org... Tell us a little bit about yourself and your car if you'd like.
rockets-21
1GN n00b

wat upppppp

Post by rockets-21 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:31 pm

im new. just got a 95' MTX blue neon. recently put blue face guages in a blue led shift knob. and blue floor neons. got a 3A racing exhaust. and just got a CAI that just came in today :) i was wonderin tho. if any people here from milwaukee wi? an if u are if u heard of hwy 100? i just started goin there last week an saw a couple other first gens. holla at me :D
95' MTX blue
CAI
3A racing exhaust
in process of pacesetter headers

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:09 pm

Welcome to the neon world. I hope you didn't buy a warm air intake instead of a cold air intake. Your intake needs to be under your battery or somewhere in that area. If it goes behind the motor you just wasted some money.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

rockets-21
1GN n00b

Post by rockets-21 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:19 am

ya i tried puttin it in today. the pipe doesnt fit all the way likee i took my battery tray and battery out and the pipe was brushin against my bumper. but i got one of those flexible hoses from autozone i was thinkin i either use that or just cut the pipe a little shorter so its not touching the side at all. i might do that tomorrow. right now i just put the stock hose on wit the air filter. so there is no casing in the back of the engine. just a temp for now till i fix it. wat u think i should do?
95' MTX blue
CAI
3A racing exhaust

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:44 pm

rockets-21 wrote:ya i tried puttin it in today. the pipe doesnt fit all the way likee i took my battery tray and battery out and the pipe was brushin against my bumper. but i got one of those flexible hoses from autozone i was thinkin i either use that or just cut the pipe a little shorter so its not touching the side at all. i might do that tomorrow. right now i just put the stock hose on wit the air filter. so there is no casing in the back of the engine. just a temp for now till i fix it. wat u think i should do?
I don't understand how it "was brushin against my bumper".

The stock air hose goes to the back of the engine, you need to route it in front of the engine, and underneath the battery.
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

rockets-21
1GN n00b

Post by rockets-21 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:52 pm

the pipe i got would hit the side under the battery. and u talkiln bout using the stock hose?
95' MTX blue
CAI
3A racing exhaust

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Sat May 01, 2010 1:59 pm

rockets-21 wrote:the pipe i got would hit the side under the battery. and u talkiln bout using the stock hose?
Don't use the stock hose !
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html