15" Tires for slipstreams

Thinking of buying some new wheels for you car and have a question if they'll fit correctly or not? Want to get some opinions on some new tires? Ask them here.
neonbuddy1995
1GN Registrant

15" Tires for slipstreams

Post by neonbuddy1995 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:52 pm

What whould be the best size tire to run on a set of 15" rota slipstreams i looking for the best traction i can get out of my turbo 1gn. Oh and also what brand tires have u guys had good luck with.
Its just a neon!!!

sabu
1GN Registrant

Post by sabu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:15 pm

i am picking up some Falken Ziex 912's. they are 300 + tax for the set and have great reviews. i have 15 inch rims as well and i opted for 205/50/15

athough i have 15x7 rims so i wanted a little extra width.

195/55/15's would be good for a general 15 inch rim. all depends what you want out of it.

i would recommend falken.
1997 Plymouth Neon Sport - Daily Driver
1998 Dodge Neon EX - Turbo, MegaSquirt
Bzevey wrote:Its just....JUST!!! WTF IS JUX???

JUST because you're deaf doesn't mean you're fucking blind

and that goes to anyone

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:19 am

no go for the 205/50/15.

Will guarantee you, that you won't be disappointed.
Get the hankook ventus rs2's.
NOTE* These ARE SUMMER only tires ... great autoX tire too if you decide to do a few runs off and on.

Will guarantee you, that you won't be disappointed.
Can buy for real cheap from http://www.edgeracing.com/

They are a reputable company that deals through tire barn.

TomZ
1GN Registrant

Post by TomZ » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:51 am

neonbuddy1995 wrote:What whould be the best size tire to run on a set of 15" rota slipstreams i looking for the best traction i can get out of my turbo 1gn. Oh and also what brand tires have u guys had good luck with.

I ordered a full set of Falken Zeix 912's from Edge Racing for my 2GN DD, in 205/50/15. They should arrive Wednesday. They were $226 shipped to my door. I had Falken 512's last summer and switched over to Bridgestone Revo snows for the winter. I really liked the 512's.

If you're looking for drag traction, slicks are the best followed by drag radials. If you want road holding traction, an autox tire is the best, but they're not so good in the rain. For a daily , I'd stick with the "Ultra High Performance" class, but realize they will suck in the snow. If you need an all around DD type of tire stick with the "High Performance All-Season" class. Check out http://www.tirerack.com/ the site has a ton of information, then shop for price. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do
has additional discounts avaialble to neons.org members, Talk to Brandon Skeens. I've found Edge a better deal though.
'95 ACR Coupe, 14.366 @ 94.57 MPH Bolt-ons and weight redux (Built 2.4 needs final assembly)
'02 ES Magnum swap, Comp 200 Cam, ACR suspension, bolt ons.
'00 Chrysler LE (Fiancee's) Stock, 1GN R/T rims