Indexing Spark Plugs

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Indexing Spark Plugs

Post by 99_fly_by » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:11 am

Want a free 3 horsepower (not much i know but every little bit helps)?
heres what youll need to do.
1 get your spark plug socket and a black sharpie(easiest to see)
2. pull your plug wires then pull all your spark plugs
3. draw a line from the tip of the spark plug all the way to the top so you can see it. do this on all of them.
4. re-install the plugs so that line you just drew faces the front of the motor (intake plenum)
Step 4 will cause a little frustration because they wont line up first try but stick with it. try using your other plugs to get them to line up.
5. re-install your wires and then your done!

i did this the other day with my 99 SOHC. plugs were NGK V-Power plugs and i noted a quicker throttle response and better bottom acceleration.

give it a try and give me my 1gn.org sticker!
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:45 pm

im confused why this would do anything. and jason quit giving those out a LONG time ago lol
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:43 pm

well my bad and it faces the plug into the combustion chamber for better ignition
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

BoostedEverything
1GN n00b

Post by BoostedEverything » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:59 am

This is effective on 2v heads. 4v heads will see no benefit, outside the imagination.
Daily Driver: E34 BMW M5 Turbo 500WHP/500WTQ+ ~3500#
Winter Beater: 96 Neon ATX Sedan 100whp ~2000#
Other Beater: 92 DA Integra LS-Turbo 300whp/280wtq ~2100#
Working my way up to 1000whp =) The driveway needs just one more Holset to get there...

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 pm

i didnt know to be honest. my brother did it with me so idk i figured id post it
Got Neon?