NOM Procedure Suggestion

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 1GN? Post it here and we'll try to fix the problem, or at least give you an answer.
-ed-
1GN Registrant

NOM Procedure Suggestion

Post by -ed- » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:42 pm

goto

www.lexistreets.com

Vinny you may or may not already be a member of lexistreets seeing that it is a rather large central/northern Kentucky automobile enthusiast forum...

Anyway goto lexistreets...They have a way of electing a 'Car of the Month' that I think could be used here.

Basically, for those that dont wanna go to their site...It goes something like this...Underneath all user's posts there is a button that you can click that will cast a vote for them to be the Car Of The Month..it is quick and easy...and users are always being reminded to vote..that way participation would be increased!!!

Check it out guys..

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:58 pm

I checked it out but didn't see what you were talking about.

I'll be cruising their FS forums, so I'll keep looking.

They would have to be using some sort of phpBB mod for that, my biggest concern is whether or not the mod eliminates a user from the voting for x amount of time after they have won so there isn't the same car(s) winning over and over again.

Honestly we need to develop a much larger user base before we can really start any sort of NOM thing.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

-ed-
1GN Registrant

Post by -ed- » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:07 am

I agree..

The only time it appears, IIRC, is when it is 'time' to vote.. So I dunno.. Hopefully it'll be up again so you can see and maybe talk to "Injected Performance" over on neons.org.. He is one of the, if not THE man, from lexitstreets.. he can tell you more about it..