Site change

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 1GN? Post it here and we'll try to fix the problem, or at least give you an answer.
afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Site change

Post by afireinside4848 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:20 pm

I'm wondering if anyone else would like to see a different theme with the site.Any ideas?

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 pm

what would you like to see out of the site? its almost run as 2gn that has worked out well for awhile now. All we need now is more people to join up really
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

afireinside4848
1GN Registrant

Post by afireinside4848 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Ya definitly more people,I'm just thinking maybe a lighter style background and stuff to change it up.Maybe people can submit skins.

- Right now im pushing just a lil over 300 HP, thinking about upgrading turbo charger and putting a 6spd tranny in - LMFAO

- Only took 4 transmissions to make me relize I need to take it easy cause its just a neon -

99 5 Spd Neon R/t - DD
2.4L Turbo Project Neon Soon Under Way

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:03 am

Actually I like that black background as it's soothing for the eyes when you're on the computer for most of the day.

UTA

Jordan2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jordan2.4 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:16 am

I think the site is perfect the way it is. The only way more people will join is if we keep using the site.
Jordan
sweetcorn_w00t wrote:
Now you can tell me that I've failed at life, I'm gay, and that my dad should have pulled when he pushed; since you won't be able to think of anything else.

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:39 am

yeah dark ftw!
-Lugo-

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:02 pm

afireinside4848 wrote:Ya definitly more people,I'm just thinking maybe a lighter style background and stuff to change it up.Maybe people can submit skins.
Actually having the screen black saves energy in your house hold.
posted on blackle's website wrote:Blackle saves energy because the screen is predominantly black. "Image displayed is primarily a function of the user's color settings and desktop graphics, as well as the color and size of open application windows; a given monitor requires more power to display a white (or light) screen than a black (or dark) screen." Roberson et al, 2002

In January 2007 a blog post titled Black Google Would Save 750 Megawatt-hours a Year proposed the theory that a black version of the Google search engine would save a fair bit of energy due to the popularity of the search engine. Since then there has been skepticism about the significance of the energy savings that can be achieved and the cost in terms of readability of black web pages.

We believe that there is value in the concept because even if the energy savings are small, they all add up. Secondly we feel that seeing Blackle every time we load our web browser reminds us that we need to keep taking small steps to save energy.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:00 pm

dont change anything :!:
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Diablo0
1GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:37 am

:lol: When I upgrade to phpBB3 there may be a change or some more options other than smartDark and subSilver but for now it's gotta stay this way. Every modification from the birthday to the garage requires modifications to the theme. To add in a theme would mean I would have to go back through and figure out what all was added and add all that code to the new themes. Later on there could be more but right now it's a little hard to do so...
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:45 am

Whatever you do, please keep the smartDark theme for the reasons I staed above.

Thx

UTA