Big Problem

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
srtdreamin
1GN Registrant

Big Problem

Post by srtdreamin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:23 am

Ok, so imma try and do this without writting a book. 98 coupe SOHC when the tank gets below a quarter of tank the fuel gauge drops to empty and car starts running really bad. BUT ITS NOT OUTTA GAS. When this problem happens it will mess up for a few days to a week, let it sit then it goes back to running right for a big say 25/30 miles or so then does it again. Have + & - at the tank when the problem occurs. I cant take a fuel pressure reading due to a custom intake manni. I have done the "wiggle" test to all wiring with in sight. Some thing odd, is one time when it got put on the tow truck it ran like crap when it got off the tow truck it it ran fine again. Anyway feel free to chime in if you think you might know somethhing helpful.
1995 4 door- 2.4 swap, MTX swap,5 lug swap, CAI, Unorthodox UDP, venom 24 lbs injectors, MSD, Head milled .20, pt valvetrain, Chikara header, STS, SXT interior (Blk), Semi wire tuck, Battery relocate, Cat-PS-A/C delete, Sportlins, New Heads/Turns, and factory shiny paint....(( TURBO BUILD NOW IN PROGRESS))

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:53 pm

i would try a fuel filter to start, sound like it is pluggin up, if not i would try a pump and sending unit. That is just me though being i have access to a neon graveyard and don have to worry about buying to many stock parts.

srtdreamin
1GN Registrant

Post by srtdreamin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 pm

brand new sending unit and pump.. blew all the lines out. didnt thank the 98-99 had a filter other than the "sock" at the bottom of the pump in tank.
1995 4 door- 2.4 swap, MTX swap,5 lug swap, CAI, Unorthodox UDP, venom 24 lbs injectors, MSD, Head milled .20, pt valvetrain, Chikara header, STS, SXT interior (Blk), Semi wire tuck, Battery relocate, Cat-PS-A/C delete, Sportlins, New Heads/Turns, and factory shiny paint....(( TURBO BUILD NOW IN PROGRESS))

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:57 pm

I was meaning most parts I have access to is all, but mine has a filter connected to the pump out of the tank ;) but being you got a 2.4 I would say you changed it ;P i didnt read what all you had done till after lol so my bad.

srtdreamin
1GN Registrant

Post by srtdreamin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:56 am

?? its doesnt have a 2.4. Please read the forums before responding to something you have no clue about. It clearly says SOHC in a 98 coupe my sig says i own a 95 with a 2.4.

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:55 am

wow dude, I had to of read that at the start or I would of never replied, however if it is a SOHC etc, it should have a fuel filter that the lines come from and go to the tank. At least every 95-99 i have had dose.... My mistake for look at your Sig instead of going back to the to reread it all. But their is no reason to be rude about it.

srtdreamin
1GN Registrant

Post by srtdreamin » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Wasnt being rude. Just stating the facts. If thats how you took it then deal with it ur own way. Thanks for your input.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 pm

A fuel filter would cause that? Not likely. What have you checked? I wouldn't let the fuel drop below 1/4 tank ever. Just how I am. It can be damaging to the pump.

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:11 pm

needs more gas
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8