low beam on driver side isnt working

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
projectneon1998
1GN Registrant

low beam on driver side isnt working

Post by projectneon1998 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:27 pm

i got the black projectors on ebay yes i know they are cheap and a waste of money but i like the way they look and the bulb is not blow i kow its the wireing the purple wire has no power in it how can i fix that can i just splice a wire from the low beam wire on the passenger side of the car and run it to the driver side will that work or how ells can i fix it

oh and my projectors have 9006 bulbs for the low beams and 9005 for the highs

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:35 pm

trace the wire back and see if you find any spots where it is broken. i wouldnt suggest wiring headlights together.. but i think that might work. i would suggest getting bigger wire or something. not really sure what you else you could do.. good luck! hopefully its just something simple. did your lights work before the new ones? if so check the connectors and see if they have a poor connection due to surface rust or something.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

projectneon1998
1GN Registrant

hey

Post by projectneon1998 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:08 pm

they worked for a min the new wires i got with the projectors where backwards on the driver side so i cut them and spliced them togather the right way then the low dont work but the high does and my step dad tested the wires and he said the purple wire has no power

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:53 pm

lol is the purple wire the ground? haha if thats the case then there shouldnt be power if its not connected lol
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

liquidhat
1GN Registrant

Post by liquidhat » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:20 am

check your fuse panel in the left side of your dashboard, check the fuse for the corresponding headlight, these fuses are for the low beam headlamps.

had this issue when i got my 1998 sedan, and the wires were spliced, someone didnt check the fuses, and i had to re-wire the whole front of the car because someone forgot to check to see if a fuse was blown.
1998 1GN 4 Door 1 Cam 31TH ATX (R.I.P. Green Bastard)
1999 1GN 2 Door 2 Cam G562 MTX