While trying to crank car wipers mover and brights turn on

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
ohio racer
1GN Registrant

While trying to crank car wipers mover and brights turn on

Post by ohio racer » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:39 pm

ok so like i said when i try to crank my car over my wipers start movin and my brights turn on but the car wont crank over checked all fuses relays put jump box on battery jumped the starter relay and the same things happened with the wipers and head lights this is the wierdest thing i have ever seen out of the 6 neons i have owned does anyone have any ideas???
turbo red sled

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:53 am

You have a ground problem. The engine is not getting a good ground. Its trying to use other circuits to complete the ground. If you connect a large ground cable from the battery to the engine, the starter will probably crank.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

ohio racer
1GN Registrant

Post by ohio racer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:56 am

see thing is the battery is in the trunk i believe i neglected to hook up a ground strap but that was been off fot 700 some odd miles with no problems
turbo red sled

ohio racer
1GN Registrant

Post by ohio racer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am

well found the problem ground strap was ripped and disconnected took some speaker wire wove the strap back together bolted it in and like magic my car fires up
turbo red sled