charging system not working

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
chris97dohc
1GN Registrant

Post by chris97dohc » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:53 pm

a guy brought a neon to me and told me the battery kept dying. he took it to a shop first and they put a new alternator in. still wouldnt charge. shop said they didnt kno what was wrong. so he charged the battery enough to get to my house. i took the new alternator off and took it to get tested. they said it wasnt putting out. they gave me another 1 since it was under warranty. i had them check it before i left. it worked fine. i just got done putting it on the car and again its still not charging. i looked over the wiring harness to see if there was any visible damage. nothing i could see. anyone have an idea of whats goin on here?
-97 dohc swapped 5 spd base model

chris97dohc
1GN Registrant

Post by chris97dohc » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:39 pm

nevermind i fixed it. it was the wiring harness. the wire separated inside of the insulation so it appeared to be ok but it was actually completely disconnected. now if this guy has some money i can replace his rear main seal, his a/c compressor, his accesory drive belt, his valve cover gasket, and the list goes on. worst need of maintenance ive ever seen on a running neon.
-97 dohc swapped 5 spd base model