no activity to upstream o2?

Tracing a wiring issue, or maybe have questions regarding an aftermarket security system? Post any non-audio related electrical questions here.
Neon_Frk
1GN Registrant

no activity to upstream o2?

Post by Neon_Frk » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:19 pm

ok like couple weeks ago i bought a new mp pcm. my cel went out for couple hours. well as i go home it comes back on and its a code 21. well i think its just a bad o2 so i buy a new one last friday. and i get the codes ran again and its a 21. any way i have no activity in my o2 sensor. i have went thru the whole harness for my o2 and i fix all of the bare wires and unhooked wires. my back o2 isnt hooked up either. and egr is blocked off too,. has anyone had this prob? im confuse on what to do? my gas mileage isnt that back i can go around 300-350 on a tank of gas depeding on how i drive. thanks James
White 96 dodge neon sohc mtx. Mods: NGK plugs, 3.0 cai, 2.5 in exhaust w/ractive muffler w/o silencer, atx tb, booger bushings, modern performance bobble strut, mopar performance ecu.

97 plymouth neon dohc atx 4 door.

parts car now

Swapping motors soon!!!!!

spat12
1GN Registrant

Post by spat12 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:15 pm

If your downstream o2 is unplugged it will def throw a code. The 95 MPP PCMs were the only ones to disregard the Downstream o2. If you replaced the upstream already, and it still throws a code, chances are its ds related.
'96 Highline MTX Coupe "Frankenstein"

Neon_Frk
1GN Registrant

Post by Neon_Frk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm

well the upstream has no activity in the o2 tho. i might have to just live with the cel on.
White 96 dodge neon sohc mtx. Mods: NGK plugs, 3.0 cai, 2.5 in exhaust w/ractive muffler w/o silencer, atx tb, booger bushings, modern performance bobble strut, mopar performance ecu.

parts car now

spat12
1GN Registrant

Post by spat12 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:03 pm

How are you certain its the Upstream 02 that isnt responding? Did you scan it with an actual scan tool , like form AutoZone or something? And also, did it throw the same code when you had your stock PCM installed?
'96 Highline MTX Coupe "Frankenstein"

sabu
1GN Registrant

Post by sabu » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:11 am

If you can do a live data scan and find out where your A/F ratio is then you can rule out if the upstream is actually working or not. Maybe you just received a dead sensor. Mass produced like everything else and shipped in huge trucks. Never know. Get it exchanged where you bought it if there is no voltage out of it. BTW can you get a P0XXX code out of it instead of just the idiot light 21 code? There will be separate codes for heater circuit and voltage circuit. If both codes show I would bet on dead sensor.
1997 Plymouth Neon Sport - Daily Driver
1998 Dodge Neon EX - Turbo, MegaSquirt
Bzevey wrote:Its just....JUST!!! WTF IS JUX???

JUST because you're deaf doesn't mean you're fucking blind

and that goes to anyone

Neon_Frk
1GN Registrant

Post by Neon_Frk » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 pm

ok ill do that get the po code. thanks

parts car now