Custom LEDs Clusters

Own your own shop and want to promote some of your services to us? Maybe you made a deal with a company that if enough people buy a certain product they'll give everyone a cheaper price. Let everyone know about it here.
porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Custom LEDs Clusters

Post by porsche928s4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Hi guys!

A lot of people are asking me more information about my cluster here in Canada, and as I already have several interested in it I wondered: why not offer the service and see what happens? Then maybe I could help some people around here !

What is it?
In fact, changing to LED lighting is super common everywhere and on all types of vehicles. The big problem is that the LEDs have different viewing angle than a normal bulb, which gives the cluster an uneven illumination (lighting).

What I would offer is a brand new LED lighting system. And by that, I do not mean merely putting 194-type LEDs in stock sockets, I mean a total conversion... It eliminates incandescent bulbs, eliminates sockets and everything is redone, "stand-alone" style.

Then I install a LED system with powerful and most importantly, well diffused lighting so that no points on the cluster are more or less enlightened than others. Moreover, with this famous system, I have 3 LEDs per inch, which ensures even lighting throughout, period.

The cluster even dims as stock !! Plus, given the fact that it produces next to no heat, you get the best lighting you can get !

How much does it cost?
THE question! :D I would be able to do that to you relatively cheap, given the quality of lighting you get in return.

The price varies according to color, because I must get rid of the orange tint on the back of the overlay for some colors.

Green ........... $ 80
Red ............... $ 80
Orange ......... $ 80

Yellow .......... $ 100
Blue ............. $ 100
White ........... $ 100
Purple .......... $ 100

I accept PayPal, money order and of course cash if you just bring the cluster to me directly.

Price includes parts and labor ... you MUST provide the cluster, however.

Here are some more photos (Note: They are not mine, so do not judge the quality of lighting, there here just to give you an idea of different colors)
Again, these 3 photos are here only to give you an idea of the colors.

Thank you for your time and your trust. I am eager to see if I could get some interested and perhaps bring a little something new to this community, even though I'm new here.

Hoping to play in a few clusters soon!

Marc-Andre Joncas

racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:11 pm

You may want to post some kind of feedback.

You are brand new to the forum and people will be very skeptical.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:10 pm

Yep, well that's what I was expecting actually.

I am mainly from the clubneonquebec (a Neon club here in Quebec, Canada) I am also on the .org since 2006.

This is my first built cluster... many people interested locally. I just wanted to share with you guys my build and maybe look forward to selling some.

As soon as I build more (I already have 3 people pending) I will share with you guys pictures and testimonials.

Meanwhile, for skepticals out there, just go ahead and ask questions, I will be more than pleased to answer them !

Best regards !

charger440neon2.0l
1GN Registrant

Post by charger440neon2.0l » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:26 am

Are these the entire cluster or just the face plates? would you be able to do them with mph as the dominate speed reading? do we need to send you a core?

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:49 am

This is actually a stock cluster, with a stock faceplate... which means that in the day, or exterior wise, the cluster "looks" the same.

However it's when you turn on the lights at night that everything lights up :P Much like a stock one, only with better lighting.

Yes I can do them in mph, no modifications because they're exactly where my km/h are.

And yes, I need your cluster. Then I would modify them and ship them back to you.

Hope I answered your questions correctly. If you have any more, it'll be a pleasure to light you up!

Have a nice day y'all !

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:21 pm

How did you get your LED's to dim. They are usually on or off, no in between.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:41 am

you just use a potentiometer rather than a regular resistor.. correct?
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:56 am

Actually I'd like to clear you guys out on that one. But I'm note really sure why :P

Resistors (not potentiometers) are actually built in the system, so it works on 12v. As far as dimming goes, I'm a lill clueless since, like you, I thought leds were only on and off. But they dim, so that's a nice feature I guess :)

Thanks for the interest !!

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:44 am

well a potentiometer (dimmer) is also built into the system aka the knob that turns to control the lights.. its true that LEDs are either on or off however the way a dimmer works is it cuts off power and kicks it back on within nanoseconds.. so the LEDs appear to dim but in actuality they are just turning on and off either faster (to be brighter) or slower (to be dimmer)
hopefully that clears that question up!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:41 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:well a potentiometer (dimmer) is also built into the system aka the knob that turns to control the lights.. its true that LEDs are either on or off however the way a dimmer works is it cuts off power and kicks it back on within nanoseconds.. so the LEDs appear to dim but in actuality they are just turning on and off either faster (to be brighter) or slower (to be dimmer)
hopefully that clears that question up!
Ahh !! Now I understand lol ! Great to hear. It's fun to learn every day :)

Overall I have 5 guys interested in my area. When I get done with them, I'll post for you guys tons of pictures so you can "really" see what I'm about ! :D

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:49 pm

can you do hvac controller section

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:10 pm

I did it in my car actually. Nice look, but a lil' harder to do (read: remove and install the HVAC controls) Otherwise, pretty straight forward for me. I could do them.

Blue for the cold section, red for everything else. For some reason, on the pictures it turns out a lil' orange-ish, but it is pure red in person.

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:35 pm

what you charge for the hvac same as yours

porsche928s4
1GN n00b

Post by porsche928s4 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:41 pm

I could do them for $85 USD.

Just got to arrange for the shipping, I accept PayPal, money order.

Please let me know ! :) Thanks!

Boostedpdx
1GN Registrant

Post by Boostedpdx » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:47 am

I hope you will be doing this for awhile. Say about march - April i will start making my trips the the junk yard, and will pull a new cluster for you to mod. :) I love you cluster and have been waiting for someone to do this.