1997 Dodge Neon Sport (DOHC Coupe)

Trying to sell your Neon and want to get the word out, maybe someone on here would like to buy it from you. Post your Forsale Ad here.
Canada
1GN Registrant

1997 Dodge Neon Sport (DOHC Coupe)

Post by Canada » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 pm

Christopher R
Ontario, Canada
creid07@gmail.com
Feedback - On 2GN.org under Canada / EclecticBlue
Ebay: Christopher1984cars

Guys / Gals.

I have decided to sell my little rice rocket lol. I am trying to consolidate debt and I may be moving somewhere soon that I only have one parking spot, so I would like to see this go to another enthusiast who can enjoy it / understands it.

Car is '97 Dodge Neon Sport (Coupe)
2.0L DOHC / 3.94 Trans
Currently has 2308xx km

The Good

New Parts:
Rad Cap
Thermostat
Spark Plugs
Booger Bushings
PT Modular Clutch Assembly (700kms on it)
Rebuilt Trans
New Trans Fluid
Battery (Rear Mounted)
Energy Suspension Motor Mount Kit (Front, Side and Trans)
FatTireBicycle Rear Bobble Mount w/ new bobble
Rear Brakes
Oil / Oil Filter
4 Newish Motomaster SE tires

When I got the car it had some small issues, most of which I have resolved. I have fixed a bunch of wiring issues from the previous owner as well as put a newish coil pack and wires on it to go with the rest of the tune up.

The car has a 3.0 intake tube with an extension pipe on it with a newer no name cone filter that sits right in the opening of the bumper to let in cool air, it also has an ATX TB on it. I also have a side exit exhaust on it, which exits out the driver side just behind the driver door. It uses stock cat and a cherry bomb in the tunnel, its loud at WOT but fairly mellow while cruising. It also has some decent KYB struts with used Progress lowering springs on it. It has a really decent ride height and corners like its on rails.

The car gets amazing mileage for what it is, and I was averaging 500 / 550kms per tank of gas driving mixed hwy and city, using 91 grade Shell gas with a heavy foot. The heat also works very well and gets it good and warm quickly inside.

The Other

Car has some oddities in it, like you can't dim the lights in the cluster, the door creaks (typical Neon coupe). It currently does not have A/C, P/S, EVAP or EGR.

The car is definitely not perfect by any means, but it would make a good transport vehicle for someone who wants to save money on gas or an amazing winter car. The car was originally Amethyst, but the clear and paint were peeling badly, so I painted it two tone black and white with Tremclad rust paint and a roller.

Stop laughing. :) The paint looks great from 10ft away, but you can see roller lines up close, to me it was not a big deal as it looked a hell of alot better then it did. There is no visible rust on the car and the underside also looks clean. It doesn't drip any oil from anywhere and it handles like a dream.

Car will come uncertified, but with an emissons test.

I am asking $1200 for it OBO, which was the total of all the parts I have put on it so far, and nothing more.

Pics follow:
Last edited by Canada on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-> Chris <-
1998 SRT Swap Drag Car / 1997 Dodge Neon Coupe

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:23 pm

chris only if you were closer! I just sold my black r/t sedan to my brother so now I need another beater
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

jamaicangrimreaper
1GN Registrant

Post by jamaicangrimreaper » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Where's the chick in the avatar? Ahhh...
There's gone be some stuff you gone see that gone make hard to smile in the future!

Project 'Anubis' coming soon!

Cokedoctor
1GN Registrant

Post by Cokedoctor » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:29 pm

I want it...but I can't have it. Boooooo
J.Marbs
'03 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport - New Daily
'95 Dodge Neon NYG ACR Coupe-1 of 98
'89 Toyota Supra Turbo
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSi
'87 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Canada
1GN Registrant

Post by Canada » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:20 pm

Bump for new price and no problems!
-> Chris <-
1998 SRT Swap Drag Car / 1997 Dodge Neon Coupe

sleeper95
1GN Registrant

Post by sleeper95 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:58 pm

damn, really wish i could get this car...but you are a little far, and im kind of out of money.