Lucky to be posting today

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Lucky to be posting today

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 pm

Guys I've probably had the worst day of my life, I'm tired, I have back pain, and my neon is totaled :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I was on my way to my dad's for a relaxing weekend, when I felt a little tired next thing I know Im sitting in my car on the side of the road with a dead beat to bell neon. By the time I got out people were all around me asking if I was ok my back was killing me, Christine was smashed bad. I had to go to the hospital to get x rays I was still unsure of what happened, everything is fine I'll just be sore for the weekend. The police officer finally came in and told me what happened (I could remember anything before I fell a sleep). Apparently I fell asleep crossed the median in the road hitting no cars into a yard I jumped my car 8 feet in the air, then jumped it again in another yard missing a telephone pole, and ramped one last time, traveling a total of 542 yards (half of that in the air). Only suffered a bruised back and few cuts, thankfully no one was hurt. From what little I saw of my car it looks totally and completely *a#S!d^f* :sorry: :cry: So tomorrow my dad will check the car and get pic I'll post them when I get them. So please everyone be careful out there...I'm thanking god I'm alive right now. There could've been one less neon enthusiast had god been watching me that day.

And the pics:

This is the result from clipping a telephone pole:
Thank god I didn't have that stupid airbags delete

Why god couldn't it have been a caviler!!!! :shout:
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Next time you travel, consider picking up a Red Bull.

Glad you're ok.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:20 pm

The ironic thing is I was gonna stop at the BP station less then a 1/2 mile away.

jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:48 pm

red bull may give you wings, but powerthirst gives you birds! wow on a serious note man, that bites bad. guess you'll be on the lookout for another coupe huh? that just suxz bad man, even my wife feels bad for ya.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:28 am

Well when I save some cash I will but for now Im hitching a ride, and I might drive my cousins 90 camry.

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:42 am

Damn dude that sux ass. Make sure to get a couple more check ups on your back man. that's serious business when you get a back injury.

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

Post by ricker91878 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:29 am

damn dude, glad to see you didn't get hurt real bad, the car can be replaced, you can't.
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:33 pm

Back pain is almost gone, but i will get a check up since the x rays revealed nothing but, i've been thinking mostly what direction i want to take wiht the car now.

okvol
1GN Registrant

(cue Willie Nelson music)

Post by okvol » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:27 pm

So, you did a "Dukes of Hazard" in a car w/o beefed up suspension, and lived to tell the tale. Congrats! And, I'm glad your American built car protected you.

Get better, hang in there.

I recommend a frame shop first. Get that as straight as possible first.
It's a Neon, and you love her. Even if you do something stupid, keep the faith.

I awoke once (around 1974, I was 17) to the sound of guard rail on the fender of a 68 Barracuda. I don't think I'll hear a sicker sound ever again.

Once again, congratulations on surviving.
Neon owner by choice.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:02 pm

I don't remember anything before waking up just as the car was sliding to a stop, i couldn't believe my piece of shit car did all that and i lived.But i think i might buy a whole new shell, i'm gonna ask my auto body teacher tomorrow if she can be straight again, or if a rebody is the next best thing, either way when shes done she be 100x better than before, just watch for my project thread.

racer12306
Administrator

Post by racer12306 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:26 pm

I'd just wash your hands of it and start fresh.

I doubt a car that screwed up will ever be the same.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

okvol
1GN Registrant

Take your time

Post by okvol » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Find a good starter, and make a Christine II. Use I's remains as a donor. There are many Neons out there that need the tender care of a loving hand like yours.

Thinking about it, with that much air time, there's no way for the frame to be straight. My parents once warped the frame of a Buick Wildcat. The car didn't look too bad, but there was a wrinkle in the roof. One day in the rain, they hit the breaks and she did a 360. You need a lover you can trust, if you get my drift.
Neon owner by choice.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm thinking of buy a flame red coupe shell from coltnhursey, and just putting what usable stuff is left from christine a built christine X2 (i've been told thats not the best name for my next car but, names don't control cars).

laneholt
1GN Registrant

Post by laneholt » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:17 am

Ianguilly wrote:I'm thinking of buy a flame red coupe shell from coltnhursey, and just putting what usable stuff is left from christine a built christine X2 (i've been told thats not the best name for my next car but, names don't control cars).
You could have been killed .... retire the name and get a fresh start
Diane Sox wrote:I don't know all the keys to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

1952 Chevrolet Sport Coupe
1998 Toyota Avalon XLS
2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4
2009 Dodge Avenger SXT

http://www.killermopars.com/index.html

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Names don't kill cars , driver error does.