Finally hit 365lbs on bench press @ 5'8" 195lbs *VIDEOS

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
RTizzle
1GN Registrant

Post by RTizzle » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:35 am

Yea, I come down all the way on bench press just not on dumbbell press, but I come pretty damn close.
When I pass a Prius I downshift so they can hear me offsetting their "carbon footprint".

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:58 pm

damn good job. looks like you could have done the 375 easy if you didn't sit there so long. i don't know bout you but the long i sit the more i think about it then it fuck everything up. good shit though can't wait till i can get back in the gym

NeonBLK
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonBLK » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:10 pm

damn I wish I can bench press that much, the i've bench press is 250lbs. (i'm 6'2" 194lbs but was like 180 lbs then)...At least I can power clean a decent amount weight :P Full Body Exercise FTW!

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 pm

So this is a quick update on this. No video this time, but....

I signed up for a 1 rep max competition on one of the bases here. Well you only get three lifts. Got 365lbs easier than last time. Next lift was 380lbs, and got that almost as easy. Unfortunately I think I psyched myself out and waited too long, and barely missed at 395lbs.

400lbs is right around the corner! Woooo!

Jonathan

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 am

I haven't been able to exercise at all beyond what I get at work, I've been way too tired and sore. I am constantly so exhausted, I wish I knew the trick to having lots of energy.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:57 am

Vinny wrote:I haven't been able to exercise at all beyond what I get at work, I've been way too tired and sore. I am constantly so exhausted, I wish I knew the trick to having lots of energy.
There's no trick at all. Everyday when I come home all I want to do is sleep. So guess what I do? I take a nap for about 2-3 hours. Then when I wake up, I make a meal, and then go to the gym. It's definitely not easy. The hardest part is getting to the gym, cause once you're there it's easier to get things done.

Jonathan

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:57 am

I can push like 80/90 KG lol :p
Love Redline Shifting......

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:40 am

Jonathan 2.4 wrote:
Vinny wrote:I haven't been able to exercise at all beyond what I get at work, I've been way too tired and sore. I am constantly so exhausted, I wish I knew the trick to having lots of energy.
There's no trick at all. Everyday when I come home all I want to do is sleep. So guess what I do? I take a nap for about 2-3 hours. Then when I wake up, I make a meal, and then go to the gym. It's definitely not easy. The hardest part is getting to the gym, cause once you're there it's easier to get things done.

Jonathan
I think I seriously have fatigue problems, caused by either depression or poor diet. Lately I just don't have the energy or the motivation to do anything, and my free time is VERY minimal.

Do you work a physically demanding job? I can barely even make it through my work days, let alone exercise.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:59 am

well I have to deal with customers that have complaints about the computer stores (in total 22 stores in Holland).
Also I do warenty's..
I give technical support about all kinds of computer problems and so on.. so that CAN BE mentaly demanding, not physichally.

But it can get you pretty tired...
Love Redline Shifting......

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Vinny wrote:
Jonathan 2.4 wrote:

Jonathan
I think I seriously have fatigue problems, caused by either depression or poor diet. Lately I just don't have the energy or the motivation to do anything, and my free time is VERY minimal.

Do you work a physically demanding job? I can barely even make it through my work days, let alone exercise.
Normally I would say my job isn't physically demanding, but right now my ship is going into the ship yards so I have been off loading all kinds of heavy equipment off the ship (which means carrying down many stairs cause there's no other way), and that gets really tiring. I'd say back days are one of the hard ones to go and do at the gym because my back is already so sore from just working all day. Right now I've been adding a little extra taurine to my diet to help with that, and its working ok.

From past experience though, I have found that a mentally demanding job is just as taxing on your body as a physical job. Generally the physical jobs usually require mindless activities such as moving large objects over and over again. I think it's just work that sucks, and the thing you naturally want to do when you get home is absolutely nothing but kick back and relax. What you really need to ask yourself is how bad do you want to be strong? How bad do you want to be fit? How bad do you want to not regret being physically active outside of work when your old and your bones are weak because you never really trained them to handle heavy loads?

I figure I'll always work. I however will not always be young enough to be in shape and enjoy having a fit body. I also am wanting to see how far my body will really go.

Jonathan

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:44 pm

I've been just starting to get to the gym. Im 6' 3'' and 158lb. Over the past two weeks I've got up to 167lb a 9lb gain. Which I can barely believe. Anyways I started incline benching at 115 and I am already up tp 145. Im pretty pleased with the results. Im have been taking in 4000+ calories a day. Drinking 2 Cytogainer shakes (protein)a day and drinking 2 monohydrate creating shakes a day. Any siggestions on how to get bigger or what to use. You seem like you knopw your shit so I thought Id ask you

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm

That is exactly my motivation behind it, I am 30 years old and have NEVER been physically active. I know I won't have this opportunity forever, I want to be in good shape at least once in my life.

I need to learn a lot more about nutrition though, I literally know nothing about that stuff, and figure improvements could increase energy levels. It seems the more I eat the fatter I feel.

The biggest thing I am fighting is depression, it's been a problem my whole life and it causes me to go extended periods of time without wanting to even move. I am no longer on meds or willing to take any, the side effects are simply not worth the minimal improvements in my mood.

It would also help if I knew other people besides a few of you on the internet who are into this stuff. I don't think I know anyone who exercises regularly.

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm

http://forum.bodybuilding.com has a lot of good info on nutrition and workout plans.

I generally stick to the powerlifting/strongman section. Sometimes I venture elsewhere but it depends on the information I'm seeking.

Great place for motivation because you will see how other people progress via pictures and its great for getting you to fly off the couch and into the gym.

Working out has been known to help people not feel so depressed. I know I have felt down before and still do sometimes and I feel totally disconnected from that when I'm at the gym. I have a goal and a purpose there.

Jonathan

Tyler
1GN Registrant

Post by Tyler » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:42 pm

John is right. Thats a great forum and website for sure. They have sections purely for motivation and such. Ive been in the gym hard for the last 2 weeks and am seeing nice gains all around. Im pretty happy right now but would like to be alot stronger.
97 sohc- 'Victoria'

Jonathan 2.4
1GN Registrant

Post by Jonathan 2.4 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:27 pm

Here is a quick write up of what my workout generally consists of. I do make on the fly adjustments but for right now this is the formula I'm using. This does not include warm up sets, and I also throw ab work in there around two times a week randomly depending on how I feel after a workout. Multiple sets that share the same weight will be represented as such: weightXrepsXsets. For example 315x5x2 would be 315lbs for 5 reps for 2 sets.

Day 1
Chest, triceps

Bench press
315x5x2
335x3
345x2
385-405xN ('N' represents a negative set which is only one descending with a spotter on the way back up)

Dumbbell incline press
100x8x4

Tricep push downs
4 sets of a comfortable weight that I can only do for 6-8 reps.

Weighted dips
Me+90lbsx15
Me+90lbsx10
Me+135lbsx8x2

Day 2
Back, biceps

Dead lifts
225x12
275x10
315x8
365x8
385x5
405x5
435x3

Lat Pulldowns

Seated rows

One arm dumbbell rows (Lawnmower pulls)
4 sets of a comfortable weight that I can only do for 6-8 reps per arm. In between these sets I will do alternating dumb bell curls for the same rep range.

Back flies

Day 3
Shoulders

Dumbbell shoulder press
100x8x5

Upright rows

Shoulder shrugs
4 sets of a comfortable weight that I can do for 15-20 reps.

Front should raises (dumbbell)
I go pretty light on these and do 4 sets of a weight I can get 10 reps per arm out of so as not to cause injury to my shoulders.

Side shoulder raises (dumbbell)
I go pretty light on these and do 4 sets of a weight I can get 10 reps per arm out of so as not to cause injury to my shoulders.

Day 4
rest

Day 5
Legs legs legs!

Back squats
225x12
275x10
315x8
365x8
385x5
405x5
425x5
445x3

Prone leg curls

Leg extensions

Standing calf raises
4 sets of a comfortable weight that I can only do for 12-20 reps.

Day 6
Anything I feel I didn't work well enough throughout the week. Generally a little more bicep work since I don't do a lot of it during the week. I'll even throw in some power cleans. I really leave this day as an open workout day.

Day 7
rest

Again this is just the current workout. It will likely change here soon because right now I have to keep my body guessing in order to keep building strength. I'm looking at doing a Russian squat cycle here soon that will be 12 weeks of blood, sweat, tears, and vomit from what I've read. I will be doing around 10 sets of squats per squat workout 3-4 times a week while still maintaining my other workouts.

Jonathan