life of my 97 neon

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:58 am

thanks, its slow, but wait till i actually find a good job and have money lol. big plans

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:27 am

so i spent like 6 hours yesterday cleaning nothing but interior. and i didnt even get the door panels or panels that run up the pillar posts everywhere. i took my center console out and apart to scrub it all. i took all my vents out and part and scrubbed them all. it looks amazing though

if someone wants to see some pics i can upload the few that i took.

and before all those shenanigans took place i changed my oil, checked my front brakes, checked and topped off fluids, and checked my tires in multiple places with a tread depth gauge as well as tire pressure. i planned on changing my oil pan gasket as its leaking some but thats apparently not as easy as i thought it would be. first after looking in my haynes manual i need a tube of rtv so put a bead in 2 small spots (might be where its leaking). next i have to take off the front motor mount to get to one bolt because of the shape of the bracket. and third because my car has ac i have to actually remove the oil filter "adapter" as the call it........ so yeah thats can wait till spring time and ill just add oil here and there for now lol. my brakes i thought i heard making some noise plus they pull to the left at first and then they even out. so come spring time im replaceing both front rubber lines. also have an air pocket i cant get out which makes sense since i couldnt get one of the bleaders open up front. so i might just replace both calipers as well. the right caliper may be not sliding properly because the pad is wearing at an angle. and next time im buying better pads lol. tires are wearing more on the outides of each tire then on the insides. that tells me they are under inflated. so much for the factory tire psi spec of 32psi......... so i bumped it up to 35psi and hopefully that will wear more evenly. car is more responsive in corners now though

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:44 pm

if your pads are wearing at an angle then its going to be a hardware issue, not a caliper, go into the help section of your local parts house and grab some bleeder screws, caliper hardware kit and caliper grease. Use a pair of vicegrips and some PB Blaster on your old bleeder, it will come off.
just remember righty tighty, lefty loosey.

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

yeah, cleaning caliper slides is on my to do list lol. the problem with the one caliper is i think it may already be stripped. so worse case scenario would be a new caliper then. the pulling left when i hit brakes at first is either an air pocket or a bad rubber line though. but i think its going to have to weight till spring as i dont have a garage lol

northern
1GN Registrant

Post by northern » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 am

I feel you on the not having a garage

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:32 pm

yeah it sucks. especially if i HAVE to do something in the winter time.

08kgraves
1GN Registrant

Post by 08kgraves » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:12 am

pics from cleaning her all up the other day

top one is how they all looked before i cleaned them. bottom is how they all looked after i cleaned them.