neonjunkies- 95 sport coupe

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
neonjunkie
1GN n00b

neonjunkies- 95 sport coupe

Post by neonjunkie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Whats up org, my name is Buddy. Here is my 95 Dodge Neon Sport Coupe. I bought it for $1200. It is my first for a dohc and a 3.94 trans. I'ved owned 12 of these cars all sohc automatics and 3.55's. Figured why not and make a project log since ive looked at the org the past 5 years i might as well show what I'm workin with... I bought the car from some people down in Ruffin, North Carolina, a 3 1/2 hour drive from my house.....The car was a piece of crap when I got it.....it belonged to someone on the .org i hope they see this. The shifter linkages were gorrilla glued on the top of the trans, the car has 4 blown struts, with the spring perches cut on the rear. The coilsprings where 3 rear stock springs, and one dropzone spring on the driver rear. It supposedly had a "new" alternator on it, which quit charging the day after i bought it. it had a short. the fuel sending unit is bad. The battery was dead when i came to get it too, it needed a jump. The dash is cracked to pieces just like all the rest of em...lol It had 4 different size tires on it with bubble caps. Chrome fenderwell strips, APC stickers on the tail lights, exhaust leak and a fart can coming straight out back. the radiator was clogged up. power steering pump was burned up, the side moldings are held on by sheet metal screws, the paint is some haggard backyard job just like the quality of the repairs and work done to the car. and the fog light wiring had been cut off. i have never in my life seen or heard of stuff like this :lol: at least it is a sport with factory sway bars, and 4 wheel disc brakes.

I drove it home from ruffin n.c. and have been daily driving it since.

I have since put a set of booger bushings in it, replaced the stock crappy yellow headlights and turn signals with a set of depos from modern, put a new water pump, timing belt, radiator, and thermostat on it, put on a new alternator, found and fixed the short, put my own fart can on it (for now), put a set of sport wheels on it, changed the oil, gave it a tune up, threw a set of prothane motor mount inserts all the way around, a semi solid bobble from modern/neongoodies, a modern pcm (which came broke brand new from modern performance, and is now discontinued leaving me with a $280 paper weight.), a short throw shifter, ebay intake i had laying around, removed the ps/ac and looped the rack and pinion, pulled off the chrome wheel well strips, blocked off the egr on the intake and head, scraped the APC stickers off the tail lights and a bunch of other little things. everything i touched, i could see the previous owner rigged up something...it was ridiculous..

anyways, its a pretty good car now. i am slowly but surely moving along with it....its already 100% better than it was when i recieved it. the next thing is a new set of eibach sportlines, a suspension bushing kit, which i literally just ordered from modern 5 mins ago, and a new set of struts. next 2 weeks it will get a new set of tires mounted on the sport wheels. i will add pics of my progress.

here is the earliest pics i have of it, i wish i had a pic of the day i got it, it looked ridiculous with the chrome strips on the fenders and the bubble caps. here i already had it cleaned up, put some sport wheels on it, the mopar pcm, motor mounts, fart can, and the depos. doesnt look too bad i dont like the arrest me red it has gotten me pulled over more than any other vehicle ive ever owned you can see how high the front sits on the side with the stock rear coilspring in the front and one rear pic you can see the dropzone making it sit unlevel...

here are some other random pics

the struts are blown to pieces anyway, so i just took the rigged up springs out and have been riding on them for a week now with no problems and our roads are TERRIBLE for pot holes. it rides rough, but it is tolerable. looks slammed too. i cant wait for a new set of struts though .... :grin:

you get the picture.... :wink:

the interior is pretty clean....that cracked dash will be fixed shortly

and heres that bare naked 2.0 with that blingin water pump, strut bar and ebay intake lol
1995 Flame Red Sport Coupe- dohc 2.0, 3.94 trans, CAI, boogers, exhaust, mopar pcm, ac/ps delete, EGR delete, solid motor mounts, solid bobble, short throw, depo headlights and turns

neonjunkie
1GN n00b

Post by neonjunkie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:34 pm

passenger side prothane insert wobbled out of the mount....never again

new parts coming in the mail for the car pics coming soon...
1995 Flame Red Sport Coupe- dohc 2.0, 3.94 trans, CAI, boogers, exhaust, mopar pcm, ac/ps delete, EGR delete, solid motor mounts, solid bobble, short throw, depo headlights and turns

blueneo03
1GN Registrant

Post by blueneo03 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 pm

lookin good. a great platform to start with, however i dont really care for the black vinys.... think it would look cleaner without them imho but still looks good the way it sits.
2003 Neon Se_r.i.p.
1998 Dodge neon highline

neonjunkie
1GN n00b

Post by neonjunkie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:17 pm

thanks man. i hate the stripes too, they came on the car when i bought it along with apc stickers on the tailights lol i was gonna paint the whole car another color because the red gets me pulled so much.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Your intake is sucking in the wrong air.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Boostedpdx
1GN Registrant

Post by Boostedpdx » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:02 am

Ianguilly wrote:Your intake is sucking in the wrong air.
Not to mention that he installed the MM insert the wrong way. That is probably why it wobbled out. Lol. Its suppose to be inserted in the mount between motor and the mount. Not mount and inner fender.

neonjunkie
1GN n00b

Post by neonjunkie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:04 pm

I know the mount insert was backwards....just threw the washer on real quick cuz it was there and it was perfect fit. Serves same purpose.