1995 Base Plymouth 4dr Neon with 98 R/T upgrade...

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
Rags
1GN Registrant

1995 Base Plymouth 4dr Neon with 98 R/T upgrade...

Post by Rags » Sun May 30, 2010 6:53 pm

Well started tearing down the Donor 98 R/T 2 door DOHC MTX yesterday and today to the shell....Hot outside in good old Arizona,lotsa great stuff going to into my old 95 Strawberry SOHC ATX Neon... Lotsa cleaning and degreasing and painting going to have to be done on donor parts, the guy I got it from said he had the head done and waterpump and t-belt... Gonna tear down DOHC and install new seals and gaskets, inspect the t-belt and waterpump as not fun having a pitched t-belt...New axle seals and so on....my 95 will be running like she should again :)
1995 Plymouth Strawberry 4 door was SOHC ATX with now a full 98 R/T DOHC MTX everything swap front to back ....300,000 miles on 95 before being reborn as a 98 R/T with 68,000 miles.

http://www2.cardomain.com/ride/779073

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Mon May 31, 2010 2:29 am

Well the 98 R/T is stripped,gonna leave the windshield and rear glass in it....No need for it,and I will end up breaking it anyway trin to get it out....Here is pics of stripped 98 R/T Shell...Gonna put a rear main seal in,look at clutch and do things that are easier with the motor on the ground out of car.....Trin to get scrap haulers to get it Monday or Tuesday, need room to roll in the 95 and start working on it... Hope to have it done Friday or Saturday...need to order shifter bushings...

1995 Plymouth Strawberry 4 door was SOHC ATX with now a full 98 R/T DOHC MTX everything swap front to back ....300,000 miles on 95 before being reborn as a 98 R/T with 68,000 miles.

custom95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by custom95neon » Mon May 31, 2010 6:48 pm

does that car have a sun roof

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon May 31, 2010 9:00 pm

poor rt man lol but i see you deffinetly salvaged every part off it. be lookin forward to seeing the strawberry being worked on.

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:20 am

Yes, it is a sunroof car, I pulled out the entire sunroof assembly with harness and switches......If you are interested I can hook it up to a battery and see if the sunroof works......Only thing I see wrong is the sunshield fabric is no good....

custom95neon wrote:does that car have a sun roof

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:22 am

Well the scrap guy picked up the R/T shell, I took everything off that was bolted on...Lotsa good stuff gonna be going into the 95 :)
JmAnneonrt wrote:poor rt man lol but i see you deffinetly salvaged every part off it. be lookin forward to seeing the strawberry being worked on.

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:28 pm

Its so clean... but i'd sandblast it.
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:33 am

Starting at the back of the 95 Neon, Installing 98 R/T stuff,installed rear fascia complete,good fascia end supports, 98 tail lights with the thicker gaskets,Removed all carpet and seats, removed all trunk carpet and trunk mounted battery and tray removed dash to tail harness,took out airbag module,removed package tray and c-piller trim,Installed trunk and hinges,,installed lock cyclinder,rear seat belts changed,proped up firewall insulation off floor.....Degreased trunk and and main floor to dash, scrub,rinse and shop vac water out....air dry, hot today so that went quick......

Installed 98 dash to tail light harness, installed package tray,c-piller trim,all trunk carpet,drilled holes and installed the rear trunk carpet that cover striker which the 95 did not have,installed door ajar switches,installed rear seat upper and seat belts female and middle seat belt. Installed spare tire,jack and lug wrench,tire cover........

Wed-
going to install complete rear 98 R/T stock suspension, ebrake cables and e-brake handle...Put the stock R/T wheels on the rear which have brand new tires..Change electrical plug on left front shoulder belt , Change hood to R/T Bulge,change right front fender since 95 one is smashed,install plastic fuel tank and neck,remove my cherry bomb SRT4 exhaust all complete,Drop down exhaust heat shield and pitch it as the 95 one is chewed up, reove the one bolt for shifter cable rubber plate that goes the wrong way compared to the other 3 then start to pull complete dash and HVAC unit to install MTX Pedals, Install R/T booster and master since I will have rear disc brakes now...... My 95 A./C evaporator has been leaking slowly for years, Gonna put in the whole 98 HVAC case :)

Thursday-
I hope to remove Front suspension and K-Member, front fascia, headlights, radiator and condenser. A/C Lines and Dryer,EVP cannister,Under hood Harness with Fuse Box,Chewed up air deflector,washer bottle and vac cannister.... Have to cut hole in apron for the 98 R/T washer bottle elbow which clears the 98 PCM.. the 95 washer bottle will hit the 98 PCM the way it is designed.....

Friday....

Pull Engine and Trans out of 95........ Split Engine and trans from the 98, install rear main seal, degrease and clean inside bellhousing, inspect clutch and lube throw out stuff, get a harmonic puller from Autozone loan a tool as I never bought one as my old shop had one, renew crankseal, and pitch the timing belt covers. inspect water pump. t belt, tensioner and idler pulley... Head gasket looks brand new as prevois owner had head done real recent....Drag trans to garage from back yard, drag engine also, need to go buy Large Hand truck from Harbor Frieght since I do not want to work in back yard with no shade and in the dirt,,,,to hot.....Also need to get movers 600 lb poly dollie from Harbor to put 98 engine and trans on to slide under car to reinstall engine, then drop car down onto engine, should go low enough to bolt engine up...... Sure miss the 2 post above ground lift and pallet jack with the motor and trans on a truck tire and rim .... Oh well....

Saturday-

Install R/T Engine and trans, Install MTX K-Member and rack and pinion. Reinstall trunk battery tray and battery..Get it buttoned up and fired up... Bleed brakes, top of fluids and drive.........

I feel If I am a day behind, spent to much time cleaning the interior of the 95 today.... It is 3:30 Am. just got back from other shop putting together a 67 IronHead Harley motor..I am beat...gotta sleep.... Nite!

Rags wrote:Well the scrap guy picked up the R/T shell, I took everything off that was bolted on...Lotsa good stuff gonna be going into the 95 :)
JmAnneonrt wrote:poor rt man lol but i see you deffinetly salvaged every part off it. be lookin forward to seeing the strawberry being worked on.
Last edited by Rags on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm

sounds like you did ALOT of work my man..but lets see the pics! lol

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:12 am

Wed- Installed complete rear 98 R/T stock suspension, ebrake cables and e-brake handle, brake lines.

Installed Plastic 98 Fuel Tank assembly and drained Metal 95 tank which was full into 98 tank....

Washed and Installed 98 R/T Gray 2 door carpet into 95 4 door... It fit :) ... enough carpet that goes under rear seat to trim off a large piece to cut in half and fill the utmost rear edges where the rear seat curves around, Fits nice and installed all ugly tan sill mouldings, buttoned up b piller trim and shoulder belts lower mount bolts, reinstalled trunk mounted battery cable front to rear,installed ground cable off stut bearing plate rear....

All I could get done, old lady had 3 doctor appointments today so I had to take her to them.... I am behind now......

Buddie gave my an old Rocka-Haula other day, looks like a dollie laying on its side with casters in the front and Pneumatic wheels in the back...Came in handy moving stuff back and fourth from back yard to garage in front....I must have made 5 trips,tires,suspension,fuel tank....

Tomorrow I want to remove dash assembly, HVAC Case,column.auto shifter and cable, brake booster and master,and auto brake pedel assembly, then install all 98 R/T stuff like MTX pedals, booster and master, MTX Shift cables, HVAC case ,98 Gray dash assembly,MTX shifter, airbag module, clean and install center console ,trunk release, gray kick panels,gray a-piller trim. gray lighted visors.......Then front 98 2 door seats...I hope the tracks line up in a 4 door...they should because carpet holes are the same..........

JmAnneonrt wrote:sounds like you did ALOT of work my man..but lets see the pics! lol
Last edited by Rags on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:37 am

Awsome guess I should have looked here first before posting in the other thread lol. What suspension stuff did you switch. I'm glad to see someone that loves there car.

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:10 am

All of it:)
:D
BIGRAM wrote:Awsome guess I should have looked here first before posting in the other thread lol. What suspension stuff did you switch. I'm glad to see someone that loves there car.

Rags
1GN Registrant

Post by Rags » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:40 am

Thursday-

I removed old dash. column, HVAC Case,ATX Brake Pedal, Gas Pedal,Cowl panel,Wiper system,Dash and Underhood fuse box harness, Radiator and condenser,A/C lines,ATX Shifter,Hood,Front Fascia,Headlights, steering shaft stuffing box on body,A-Piller trim,Visors and clips, coolant bottle.throttle cable,PCM,washer bottle,EVAP cannister and lines,duty solenoid, Overflow bottle, AEM Cold Air intake,Master and booster..................

Installed stuff from R/T...

Complete HVAC Case,Master and booster,MTX Pedals,Gas Pedal, Complete dash and all trim, Steering Column,Trunk release,kick panels,MTX Shifter,Air Bag control module,Front Seals,A-Piller trim, Front door opening moulding both sides, Visors and clips,wiper system,cowl, under hood wiring and fuse box..........Inside of car is done,all inside wiring is plugged in, accept for shifter cables and center console is not done..........

I pounded 12 hours labor today, I am beat tired, back hurts...Time for pain killers and sleep....Will go at it again tomorrow........

custom95neon
1GN Registrant

Post by custom95neon » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:15 pm

keep at should have it done in no time. :thumbleft:

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:10 pm

:ttiwwp: :D