Project R/T turbo

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Project R/T turbo

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm

Well on the old local forum i had my project log but we lost the old site. anyways i'll start it here now. my car started its life as a bare bones option R/T that didnt have ANY options really. some one told me it was like an ACR but im not sure. it was raced Scca for a few years by my brother, then it got passed down to me through both my bro's. we put a body kit on it and c/f hood, Ractive s/t shifter and seats and 4 points and Z-3 fiberglass fenders. i have sence put the srt wheels on and am in the middle of the motor swap and the new 3.55 tranny (mine is unable to stay in 5th gear). got pics of the tear down of the motor and am ready to start the rebuild with the 2.4 srt rods/pistons and my current head on my 2.0 thats got the works. 1mm oversized ss valves and crane springs w/titanium keepers and tops with the huge crane cams (gives it a mean loping idle). it has crane adjustable cam gears and a ported intake with 60mm anodized modern throtle body and iceman (blue) cold air intake. the exhaust is a 2.5 inch with a ricer fart can (i hate it, but got the srt tail section to go in it). put the black depo light in and these ghetto altezza wannabe rear tails. found out last night that the lights are WAY blue, like the color of new mercedes, but they arent hid's. cant wait to get the motor done.got pics comin in a bit of what i got goin. :twisted:
ok heres some pics from a few years ago.
Last edited by 1genRTturbo on Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:04 pm

well i dumped out the 3.94 tranny, also learned alot about the car. has booger bushings, and solid mm's. changed out my throttle cable, was like 6 feet long, and no idea why. changed it from a 95sohc car. fit in perfectly. yeah im happy, it stays in 5th gear now and runs down the highway better.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:48 pm

:ttiwwp:

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 pm

yeah i know but i cant upload them yet.... still waiting for the pics off my buddies camera...

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:22 pm

alright thats cool, ill be waiting patiently for pics :D

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:23 am

now heres some of the pics i got from when i swaped out my tyc headlights for the blacked out depos. got my srt rims on in these.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:41 am

not bad i like the hood, looks like the fenders could use some major body work. It actually looks just like my buddys but hes got the viper hood instead.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:44 am

yeah the fenders got crunched cause the ex curbed it at like 45 and broke the lower ball joint from the arm, sheared it in two! well that sent the 17" rim through the fender. waiting to put some modded stock fenders back on it then fab in the Z3 pieces.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:26 pm

ouch!

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:56 pm

picked up my whole motor from the machine shop today, finally. going to start the assembly here in a little bit. hope to get some nice pics too. this is my first 2.4 swap but i feel its going to be a riot! alot of locals are really lookin forward to seeing it done.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Lol i have a lot of Locals pressuring me to do a 2.4 as well. You doing a bosted 2.4 or N/A?
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:47 am

its going to be boosted. i've got the srt rods and pistons match honed to the block, and a stock turbo out of my buddies stage2 car with the srt front mount. im trying to get another guy i know to sell me his extra srt intake with stage1 injectors. he just has to off load the long block first. far as i know im the only one in my area to have a 2.4t swap in my 1gen. alot of srt's around, localy i was like the only 1gener in the area. until im proven otherwise.

BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant

Post by BaLLisTiK » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:53 pm

Sweet. I might be doing a 2.4 n/a swap sometime next year. I may go turbo eventually but i just wanna get the 2.4 in 1st.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 am

well got the short block put together, block painted satin black with the srt rods and pistons installed, and the arp head studs installed too. ohhh. got pics just waiting to get them from the camera. oil pump and pan are ready to go, just need the pan cleaned out. its a new srt pump from dodge too.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:58 pm

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
so here's a few of me workin on the motor from last night, photos courtesy of my room mate, some on the stand, putting pistons in, me usin my rubber hammer to install the pistons. my set of pistons and rods, and the last picture is of the final of the evening. the arp head studs installed. sweet huh?