Project 13- Loosing parts

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
roysneon

Post by roysneon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:25 am

Not for too long. Tomorrow morning I'll be hung over with an angle grinder and a breaker bar at my disposal. Not too much will be left.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:56 pm

Bulged plate out:

New one ready to be welded in today:

Export mirrors are on:

Powered by Heineken:

Tonight the strut tower plate will be welded in, the rear brakes will be put together and then I'll turn to the front suspension. Then it will be ready to sit on the ground for the first time since I got the damn thing.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 pm

Dropped the front subframe today. Probably putting in the new one with the poly bushings and coilovers on Saturday. I'll likely also finish up the intake manifold then too.

I'm basically waiting on my ss brake lines from Modern and I'm working a deal on a set of cam gears so I'll have everything I'll need very soon.

Passt
1GN Registrant

Post by Passt » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Looks really good! Keep up the good work.

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:51 pm

Front suspension with coilovers and poly bushings and ACR front swaybar is on.

Ran the battery wiring

Wired up the air horn.

The horn in action

Intake manifold. It's as polished as it's going to get.

Pre-bent brake lines are ran

Also picked up these over the weekend at a damaged/surplus goods auction. Slightly bent, but the top box was only $22, and the roller box was a pretty good deal too.

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:46 am

good job. ant wait to see this done...
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Sun May 03, 2009 1:56 am

Exhaust is on, gas tank is on, front brakes are on, rear brakes going on soon, cylinder head being assembled next week. I've decided to wait untill the engine is together before wiring up the afc.

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Fri May 08, 2009 12:53 am

Well I've got some new pics.

Intake system mocked up
The rad brackets will match the valve cover :)

Front wheel on:

That much clearance at full droop. I very well may be ditching the K-Sports for something else this season if someone is interested in them locally. We'll have to see if anyone within driving distance would want them once I make up my mind. I'd rather have Konis with Ground control coilover sleeves despite the smaller range of adjustability.

My stailness steel flex hoses came today, and I've got the rear brakes completely done. My dad will be helping me run new front brake lines, and then I just may be able to put this thing down on the ground. The cylinder head will be done either this weekend, or next week, so it may go under its own power within a week :D

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Tue May 12, 2009 1:58 pm

K-Sport dampers showed up yeasterday, and after cleaning everything up, I assembeled and installed them. With the suspension together, the wheels went on, and the car saw the light of day for the first time since I brought it home.

coils assembled:

Installed: You can also see the braided stainless steel brake hoses in this shot.

Then I put the wheels on and pushed it outside. I was able to get some snaps before the weather turned crappy:

I realized that I really need to do something about that yellow dipstick handle, and once the head is going on there will be a lot of wires, hoses, and cables tucked, hidden, and cleaned up. I'm also going to have to buy a few cans of black paint to cover a numch of the rust :x

SloUSDM20
1GN Registrant

Post by SloUSDM20 » Tue May 12, 2009 5:10 pm

cant wait to see her running. looking real good man...
[One of 1gn.org's first 50] Member #41
2.4L DOHC Naturally Aspirated
Crower Stg 3 Cams, Crower Valvesprings, and more...

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Wed May 13, 2009 9:28 pm

Thanks! The valves, springs and retainers are installed, so all I need to do now is swap the head. I'm gonna be pretty busy for the next few days, but I really hope to see it run soon!

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 am

I love coupes lowered on BBS's, look better than the old. I do wanna say im sorry about the rust. I drive a car from maine, I feel the pain.

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon May 18, 2009 9:21 am

Moved the car into the other side of the garage yesterday to start assembling the engine. I got as far as torquing the head on before I had to go off to work. I'll be putting the header, intake, and radiator on tonight and then pulling the crank pulley and installing the MPx udp and new waterpump tomorrow night when I borrow the proper 3 jaw puller to do it.

pics:
MPx shorty antenna:

Head just before install:

Torquing it down:

All buttoned up:

Just needs lifter, rockers and cams installed once I get the crank pulley and inner timing cover off:

My reference material:

I just may be able to fire it up tomorrow night. Wednesday at the latest.

suave23
1GN Registrant

Post by suave23 » Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 am

Everything's looking great, but you really should've taken a wire wheel to the block and put a quick spray can job on it. The head and intake manifold look fresh as a daisy, but the block looks terrible.
2003 Cobra 10th Anniversary - CAI, MAF, Exhaust, Pulley, and tune

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Mon May 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Good point. I'll have to do that tomorrow before the intake goes on. Scuff it off as best I can, and put some black rattle can rust paint to it.