what i've been up to lately (plenty of pics)

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
1320nAeCoRn
1GN Registrant

Post by 1320nAeCoRn » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:53 am

you need a better camera
Steve Butabi: Oh my God, Doug. This is the most amazing place I've ever been.
Richard Grieco: Guys, guys. This is the coat room. The club's in here.

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:34 am

:lol: i know i know...really i just need a new camera so i can stop using my phone :lol:

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:22 pm

alright so konis are all on....rear disc conversion is on. had a little snag though...the bolt for the controls arms (that goes throught the hub) was rusted completely into place. trust me no amount of hammering will get these damned things out (redneonrt and lmalone can testify to that) soooo. yeah. had to cut the hubs off the car :D. figure i'll have to have the pieces of bolt drilled outta the control arms, oh well. so yeah. ebrakes are hooked up. now all i need is rotors and brakes are finished ( well that and the control arm action). sad news is i'm going to be moving back up to st. augustine in a couple of weeks, which means i have to to the neon. no control arms should make this very interesting. i'm pretty sure i am going to die in a neon ;) .

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:20 am

alright got the rotors on...and now i'm spraying these damned controller arms with pb blaster...hoping that does something to get these damn bolt (pieces) out. if that doesn't work i'm just hoping nothing bad happens between getting it on/off the trailer...and a four hour ride on the highway (on the trailer)...if you guys think something bad will happen i would LOVE to hear about it now :P

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:34 pm

well had a move recently which stunted some progress. finished the body work on the front end. got a new hood. and now i need to replace the damned headgasket. so i think i'm going to use this opportunity to finally do the 2.4 swap.

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:21 pm

snapped some pictures over the weekend
ImageImage

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:24 pm

alright so i posted this up on the big org. just copy/pasting it over here

:dance: so whole lot of good as of late. got this thing back on the road. picked up most of the parts from jacksrevenge's project (he sold his neon and i pretty much grabbed up his stuff in a great trade) not really sure where i left off last time so i'll just start over. rebuilt motor. had the head race ported and polished. decked pretty aggressively (can't remember exacts but appx. .039). polished the intake manifold and took quite a bit of meat out of the the tb inlet. also running a atx tb. still running the chikara but i'm looking into a blackdog. finally got around to throwing the boogers in. tti udp should go in tomorrow. picking up new exhaust (probably just getting stock piping from a junkyard) cutting the cat out and throwing on the vibrant!

suspension is almost finished. acr sway bars, konis, strut tower bars, and hopefully i'll be able to get around to ordering some new springs...and get off the stockers. finally got the disc brakes on the back. (thing handled like a dream this morning).

as far as weight redux all the sound deadner has been scraped out. sunday i'll be stripping the dashboard and ripping out as much weight as possible. the ac is getting gutted and all componets are out. finally going to get around to cutting out the big brace along the back seat and pulling alot extra bracing out of the trunk, hood, and doors. front seats are coming out and the new seats are going in. (they are cheap ebays i think but they'll work alot better than the worn out stock ones). and i'll probably start tearing out everything behind the rear seat. (planning on leaving just enough to help avoid body flex and put the speaker cover) should be nothing left that i don't need to run the car and i'll start working on a cleaner fiberglass , possibly one piece, dash.

sometime next week i'll start on getting the 3.94 in. thinking of going with the phantom grip diff.. i'll be putting in the spec stage 3 clutch. was going to get some better axles but i've already got a couple sets of stockers that i plan to blow through first. also going to put in the crane ignition and try to figure out the two step.

since i have all these parts in hand i'm going to get this done before i decide anything else. as far as future plans i'm considering picking up a cheap spray set up and throw a 35 shot on there for a little extra fun. i also really want to upgrade all my brakes (calipers, pads, and lines).

that's about it. when i get some more progress i'll post up some pics

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 am

dash got pulled out yesterday. and gutted today. no more heater or ac components anywhere near my car....well the trash can is :lol:

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:50 am

quick picture update

buddy of mine stopped by with some freebies:
(not that i need them) kuhmo slicks
and a nice half core radiator

put on the tti:
couple comparison shots
and on

also removed all the ac and heater components:
engine bay
underdash

dash back together

got the vibrant on:

and starting to fit the back bumper:

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 am

oil light did this strange flickering thing last time i drove it. so i 'm hooking my oil psi guage back up. pulled all the parts out of an old tool box and cleaned it up some and put some new teflon to seal it...

acrclonetrooper
1GN Registrant

Post by acrclonetrooper » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:52 pm

had a day off today...decided to do some small stuff. swapped on the solid front mount, figuring out some where to mount the new ignition and how i plan to run wires. then when i was about to walk away i was looking at the front end and had to fix it. so the head lights are finally sitting right. a little bit of cutting and voila....it's no longer crosseyed!
Image Image