Winter update Pictures

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
User avatar
Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Moncton New Brunswick Canada

Winter update Pictures

Post by Wolfemancola » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:49 pm

as i had posted before i was having some starter and overcharging issues with my neon. well they are all fixed now, but here is a very sad picture of it broken down on the side of the road getting picked up by a flat bead tow truck and going to a garage :(


Image

im so glad its all fixed now. here's the new starter motor:



Image

Here's the dirty old paper air filter

Image

it needed to be changed so i swapped in a K&N drop-in filter:

Image

here's my custum cut "more air flow" DOHC intake box with a K&N decal and i painted the letters with a silver sharpie lol:

Image

and here is the Mopar PCM that i just got from 1nastyR/T. im just compairing it to the stock PCM. i'm going to install the Mopar PCM today hopefully:

Image

and here's what it looks like with the new rust-free trunk lid, it's still only primer at the moment:

Image

any ways, i thought i'd post some pics. im thinking of painting it Nitro yellow green this summer, but im not sure yet.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.
Image

pocket
1GN Registrant
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:23 am
Location: windsor ontario canada

Post by pocket » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:42 pm

nice looking red coupe man keep up the good work and get an iceman

User avatar
robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Elmira Heights, NY

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:26 pm

don't paint it NYG

ricker91878
1GN Registrant
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:50 pm
Location: Eustis FL

Post by ricker91878 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm

Looks good, I agree don't paint it it looks good that color, if you want some flare have a metallic flake added in the original color. Also glad you got it fixed!
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...

User avatar
Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Moncton New Brunswick Canada

Post by Wolfemancola » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

pocket wrote:nice looking red coupe man keep up the good work and get an iceman
i want a cold air intake but im not sure if it would help here in Canada since you know, its all cold air. do you need to relocate the battery with an iceman? i was thinking about getting an AEM.

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:don't paint it NYG
Why not yours looks really nice

ricker91878 wrote:Looks good, I agree don't paint it it looks good that color, if you want some flare have a metallic flake added in the original color. Also glad you got it fixed!
Thanks, and yeah metallic flake would be nice.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.
Image

User avatar
robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant
Posts: 829
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:18 pm
Location: Elmira Heights, NY

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Wolfemancola wrote:
robert 'bob' paulson wrote:don't paint it NYG
Why not yours looks really nice
mainly because it would never be a real NYG. personally, i'd just go with the original color, or a non stock color. its a 95 only color, and personally, i think it should stay that way. i'd have that opinion even if didn't already own one too. the easiest would be to just paint it the original color because you could get away with it without having to remove everything, engine, interior, etc.

iceman intakes are getting damn near impossible to find these days and when they are, the price is usually pretty steep. outside temps isn't too valid a point when talking about a cold air intake for the Neon. sure, it may be -10 outside, but inside your engine bay, with the hood down, the intake is still sitting directly over the exhaust manifold. the best/most affordable option is the 3.0 CAI.
http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=278
there is a general idea of how to do one, though i wouldn't let my filter sit that low. i'd also use t-bolt clamps instead of hose clamps because they're superior in looks and performance.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant
Posts: 853
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:12 pm
Location: El Paso, TX

Post by 2drSRT4 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:46 pm

Nice progress. I say stay away from NYG unless you're going to remove the engine, doors, windows, roof strips, etc. etc. etc. so that it gets full coverage and done properly to make it look like it was originally an nyg car.
Image
Image

DalesDad
1GN Registrant
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:11 pm
Location: SE Pa

Post by DalesDad » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 pm

and don't forget that an AEM intake isnt really a CAI, its more like a WAI (Warm air intake) since it sits right over the exhaust manifold.
Image

User avatar
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by BaLLisTiK » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:22 pm

I have Six 3.0 intakes for sale
i was selling em for near $20 shipped. Not sure how much shipped to Canada though.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

User avatar
Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Moncton New Brunswick Canada

Post by Wolfemancola » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:16 am

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:
Wolfemancola wrote:
robert 'bob' paulson wrote:don't paint it NYG
Why not yours looks really nice
mainly because it would never be a real NYG. personally, i'd just go with the original color, or a non stock color. its a 95 only color, and personally, i think it should stay that way. i'd have that opinion even if didn't already own one too. the easiest would be to just paint it the original color because you could get away with it without having to remove everything, engine, interior, etc.

iceman intakes are getting damn near impossible to find these days and when they are, the price is usually pretty steep. outside temps isn't too valid a point when talking about a cold air intake for the Neon. sure, it may be -10 outside, but inside your engine bay, with the hood down, the intake is still sitting directly over the exhaust manifold. the best/most affordable option is the 3.0 CAI.
http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=278
there is a general idea of how to do one, though i wouldn't let my filter sit that low. i'd also use t-bolt clamps instead of hose clamps because they're superior in looks and performance.
i understand but the thing is, i'm not looking for original. i'm going to install some sort of body kit before i paint it. also my favorite color is green so i most likely will be painting it green (maybe not NYG) with a black Plymouth Cuda stripe on the side. Here is a really crappy photoshop example:

here is a neon that is very similar to mine from google:

Image

now here is what i want to do to mine (exept for those wheels and no black hood):

Image

here is a real Plymouth Cuda Neon that some one made:

Image

i like it.

to make it look like this Cuda:

Image


these are just ideas, i'm not sure yet. i like the color of my Plymouth Neon but the trunk, left quarter panel, and left door is all primer from recent body work to remove large dents, also the paint on my hood is all weather beaten. The right side looks fine tho. so i'm just gonna paint the whole thing. btw thanks for the cai info!
Last edited by Wolfemancola on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.
Image

User avatar
Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Moncton New Brunswick Canada

Post by Wolfemancola » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:26 am

DalesDad wrote:and don't forget that an AEM intake isnt really a CAI, its more like a WAI (Warm air intake) since it sits right over the exhaust manifold.
Really? That's a stupid place for it. What about Mopar's neon cai? any good? Kirk Racing? is there any other good cai other than iceman? i will make a 3.0 intake if i have to but i'd prefer a real one if posible.
BaLLisTiK wrote:I have Six 3.0 intakes for sale
i was selling em for near $20 shipped. Not sure how much shipped to Canada though.
i think i could easily get what i'd need to make a 3.0 intake for pretty cheap, but thanks anyways. but if i do end up needing one ill let you know. also, some one i know might be buying a SOHC 1gn neon so i'm sure he will want to buy one off of you soon.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.
Image

User avatar
Ianguilly
1GN Registrant
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Post by Ianguilly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:34 pm

That second green neon is no longer around, burned up a couple years back.
Image
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

User avatar
Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:53 pm
Location: Moncton New Brunswick Canada

Post by Wolfemancola » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Ianguilly wrote:That second green neon is no longer around, burned up a couple years back.
how did it burn? electrical fire?
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.
Image

User avatar
Ianguilly
1GN Registrant
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:28 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Post by Ianguilly » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Wolfemancola wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:That second green neon is no longer around, burned up a couple years back.
how did it burn? electrical fire?
Shit if I remeber. I just remeber seeing that car way back when i was a n00b on the big .org.
Image
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

User avatar
BaLLisTiK
1GN Registrant
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: New Port Richey, FL

Post by BaLLisTiK » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:48 am

Ianguilly wrote:
Wolfemancola wrote:
Ianguilly wrote:That second green neon is no longer around, burned up a couple years back.
how did it burn? electrical fire?
Shit if I remeber. I just remeber seeing that car way back when i was a n00b on the big .org.
Was? lol jk
Yeah 3.0 Intakes if you can get one from a junk yard is probably $5 or so. Thats what mine cost. I got 7 of them because I saw like5 posts on the org for people looking for them, and people selling them for $20-30 shipped..
But in 2 months I've sold one haha.
boostless_98 wrote:I want to hear wat everyone has to say on the idea of right hand drive neon conversion. I know it can be gotten from australia.
Ianguilly wrote:Just drive from the passenger side.

Post Reply