96 Neon Project

Want to show off you latest pictures that you took of your Neon or want to share a unique picture you found on the internet. Post them all here to share.
Tst96
1GN Registrant

96 Neon Project

Post by Tst96 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:45 pm

She's nothing right now but it's a work in progress.
To do list:
-Paint
-Wheels
-Drop
-Downpipe

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I don't want to sound condescending but why do you only say downpipe? And not full exhaust or something like that? Modern has the new TTi catback for under 300 bucks! That's an incredible price! But just a downpipe? And factory exhaust?

Tst96
1GN Registrant

Post by Tst96 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 pm

No. Ill get a new full exhaust. Just not right away, I'm kinda broke right now though

Ianguilly
1GN Registrant

Post by Ianguilly » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:03 am

Tst96 wrote:No. Ill get a new full exhaust. Just not right away, I'm kinda broke right now though

Then wait to do this stuff:
Tst96 wrote:She's nothing right now but it's a work in progress.
To do list:
-Paint
-Wheels
-Drop
-Downpipe
-Neon #3 1999 Dodge Neon R/T, Flame Red, DOHC MTX, Goodies, "Christine X2"

-Neon #6 95 NYG sport coupe SOHC MTX, 1 0f only 527
jamieely wrote: There are 2 kinds of people here, those with coupes, and then the other guys. If srt4s were coupes I would have one.

Tst96
1GN Registrant

Post by Tst96 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

That stuff should be done in like a month

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:23 pm

2drSRT4 wrote:I don't want to sound condescending but why do you only say downpipe? And not full exhaust or something like that? Modern has the new TTi catback for under 300 bucks! That's an incredible price! But just a downpipe? And factory exhaust?
Because the first thing people always want to do is get rid of the cat, and you can get a really crappy downpipe on ebay for around $50. But it will be a waste. You should really think about future plans for the car. If you want to put a good header on it, that downpipe will be useless and unusable. Short tube header would be the only option you have and still be able to use the downpipe, and they are a bigger waste of money than the downpipe. I really like white neons, hope you keep it the same color. And you should put headlight gaskets as the top priority. And, You can't be too broke if you are getting the car painted, dropped, new wheels, and a downpipe all in the same month. I make great money and my girlfriend is a doctor and I couldn't afford all that in a month. Welcome to the neon world, they are lots of fun.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

Tst96
1GN Registrant

Post by Tst96 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:30 pm

My bad, I didn't really explain that well. I'm starting the stuff in a month. Not all at once.
And the paint is chipping really badly. That's why I'm painting It. I'm Doing either black or white, I'm still deciding.

jamieely
1GN Registrant

Post by jamieely » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Tst96 wrote:My bad, I didn't really explain that well. I'm starting the stuff in a month. Not all at once.
And the paint is chipping really badly. That's why I'm painting It. I'm Doing either black or white, I'm still deciding.
That makes sense lol. I was thinking there may be another definition of broke I didn't know about! My paint is chipping pretty bad too, clear coat is peeling off in places as well. It's my daily too so I can't get it painted until I get my Sti. Just think ahead of time and think of what you are trying to accomplish with the car before you start throwing aftermarket parts at it.
1995 Highline Coupe SOHC MTX.
DOHC Mopar PCM
e85, 30lb injectors, LM-1, SAFC
Custom CAI, 60mm MPx TB, AMM Box Intake, DOHC pistons, built4race UDP
PT Clutch, 3.94 FD
AF/X LTH, High Flow Cat, Spiral Flow, 2.5" piping, Flowmaster 80 series

P&P Magnum head, Crane springs, Crane 007, AEM 3-bolt cam gear almost ready to bolt on

Tst96
1GN Registrant

Post by Tst96 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Yah mines my daily too. And my wallpaper on my comp is an sti. Haha. My fav car. And yeah thats true. I just got the car not to long ago I guess im just a little jumpy about it.