I hate honda drivers!!

Have a good kill against someone on the street or did you lose horribly, tell us about it here. <B>1GN.org DOES NOT promote street racing!</B>
racer12306
Administrator
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:02 am
Location: Maryland

Post by racer12306 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 pm

You know, I keep trying to find a Pro Mod nitrous backfire. Nothing says don't fuck around with nitrous like a backfire from a 700hp nitrous system.
Please PM or email me if you see any issues with the site.

racer12306@2gn.org

1HotNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Smackin Boost and Veetak, NY

Post by 1HotNeon » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:43 am

INVUJerry wrote:Just go on youtube and watch "nitrous backfires". My wife watched some, it was part of the reason she didn't want me to get my zex kit.
The only time i ever had a nitrous backfire with my ZEX wet kit was once when my plugs were shot (ground strap was completely gone on the end of 2 of them)...after that...i checked the plugs after every bottle and replaced them after seeing any signs of wear. I never had a problem after that....went through 6 or 7 bottles on a 75 shot.....no timing retard...Mopar Performance PCM too!!!!!!!!
Myspace.com/91766633

My Toys:
-98 Neon Turbo (256whp/290wtq on only 10psi!!!)
-99 Civic Si

User avatar
neon_freak
1GN Registrant
Posts: 521
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 am
Location: Fond Du Lac, WI

Post by neon_freak » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:30 pm

racer12306 wrote:You know, I keep trying to find a Pro Mod nitrous backfire. Nothing says don't fuck around with nitrous like a backfire from a 700hp nitrous system.
i watched that once at wisconsin international raceway, guy had a late 60's camaro, fully built, it was one of the cars that pulled up the front every gear, ya crazy fast. he went to line up for a race, he was staging it and then ball of fire lol. it was huge, and they pushed it off the track after that and spent half an hour sweeping up carberator springs, clips, and everyother peice of the carb :lol:
95 strawberry coupe mtx sohc

pacesetter header/catback, sts, boogers, 3.0, atx tb, ported intake, mp ecu, solid bobble strut, magnecor wires


98 white rt coupe mtx 2.4

mopar ecu, egr kit. ur street pulley, mpx 60mm, iceman, msd wires/coil, solid mounts, ractive header, vibrant muffler

old 2.0-145.4hp@6161rpm, 134.5tq@5218rpm

User avatar
Murder_City_Neon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:06 am
Location: MURDER CITY, MI

Post by Murder_City_Neon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:37 am

Archametes wrote:MURDER-CITY >>> I still think you have a lot of learning and needed experience before you do either boost or NOS. I'm not saying you can't drive , and I'm not saying you don't know what your doing with a wrench...but you said you just got the car. Massage all you can out of the engine as it is, with some minor bolt ons and such. Then do a little more indepth stuff like change the intake//exhaust manifold or cam or something. Don't just take a stock block and slam a 150 shot of nitrous down it and blow the head off the car. It just ain't right.

Well, me and my dad were talking and he gave me the idea of spray, and my bro said go turbo. Idk what im going to do.
... Detroit is my home, East Side's what i clame...

1HotNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Smackin Boost and Veetak, NY

Post by 1HotNeon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:52 am

Murder_City_Neon wrote:
Archametes wrote:MURDER-CITY >>> I still think you have a lot of learning and needed experience before you do either boost or NOS. I'm not saying you can't drive , and I'm not saying you don't know what your doing with a wrench...but you said you just got the car. Massage all you can out of the engine as it is, with some minor bolt ons and such. Then do a little more indepth stuff like change the intake//exhaust manifold or cam or something. Don't just take a stock block and slam a 150 shot of nitrous down it and blow the head off the car. It just ain't right.

Well, me and my dad were talking and he gave me the idea of spray, and my bro said go turbo. Idk what im going to do.
SRT turbofold would bolt right up...can be found for pretty cheap too...good entry level / street turbo setup...i love it on mine!
Myspace.com/91766633

My Toys:
-98 Neon Turbo (256whp/290wtq on only 10psi!!!)
-99 Civic Si

User avatar
Rice_Eater
1GN Registrant
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 pm
Location: eastpointe

Post by Rice_Eater » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:57 pm

1HotNeon wrote:
Murder_City_Neon wrote:
Archametes wrote:MURDER-CITY >>> I still think you have a lot of learning and needed experience before you do either boost or NOS. I'm not saying you can't drive , and I'm not saying you don't know what your doing with a wrench...but you said you just got the car. Massage all you can out of the engine as it is, with some minor bolt ons and such. Then do a little more indepth stuff like change the intake//exhaust manifold or cam or something. Don't just take a stock block and slam a 150 shot of nitrous down it and blow the head off the car. It just ain't right.

Well, me and my dad were talking and he gave me the idea of spray, and my bro said go turbo. Idk what im going to do.
SRT turbofold would bolt right up...can be found for pretty cheap too...good entry level / street turbo setup...i love it on mine!

would be nice if those sohc plates were still around cause i would just bolt up a srt. shit my friend would prob just give me a setup.
Definition of Rice Eater
Requirements when you initially register!! Click Here
Image
Image

1HotNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Smackin Boost and Veetak, NY

Post by 1HotNeon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Rice_Eater wrote:
1HotNeon wrote:
Murder_City_Neon wrote:
Archametes wrote:MURDER-CITY >>> I still think you have a lot of learning and needed experience before you do either boost or NOS. I'm not saying you can't drive , and I'm not saying you don't know what your doing with a wrench...but you said you just got the car. Massage all you can out of the engine as it is, with some minor bolt ons and such. Then do a little more indepth stuff like change the intake//exhaust manifold or cam or something. Don't just take a stock block and slam a 150 shot of nitrous down it and blow the head off the car. It just ain't right.

Well, me and my dad were talking and he gave me the idea of spray, and my bro said go turbo. Idk what im going to do.
SRT turbofold would bolt right up...can be found for pretty cheap too...good entry level / street turbo setup...i love it on mine!

would be nice if those sohc plates were still around cause i would just bolt up a srt. shit my friend would prob just give me a setup.
Arent they still around??? What about on neons.org?
Myspace.com/91766633

My Toys:
-98 Neon Turbo (256whp/290wtq on only 10psi!!!)
-99 Civic Si

User avatar
Rice_Eater
1GN Registrant
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 pm
Location: eastpointe

Post by Rice_Eater » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:12 pm

they r around but hard to find and if u do find one the person wants a arm and a lag for it. much easyer and cheaper to just buy the other stuff
Definition of Rice Eater
Requirements when you initially register!! Click Here
Image
Image

User avatar
INVUJerry
1GN Registrant
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:50 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:15 pm

They started re-selling them recently if I remember correctly.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Image
Free Philly

1HotNeon
1GN Registrant
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Smackin Boost and Veetak, NY

Post by 1HotNeon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Rice_Eater wrote:they r around but hard to find and if u do find one the person wants a arm and a lag for it. much easyer and cheaper to just buy the other stuff
Well maybe not cheaper especially if your friend will just give you the srt setup...may be worth it to get that plate.

After that, get a srt front mount (cheap) and fab up some piping...rrpfr with return line, in line booster pump or in tank walbro and spoolboy mod the canister and some injectors 8)
Myspace.com/91766633

My Toys:
-98 Neon Turbo (256whp/290wtq on only 10psi!!!)
-99 Civic Si

User avatar
Rice_Eater
1GN Registrant
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 pm
Location: eastpointe

Post by Rice_Eater » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:00 pm

man i got more work then that to do. i have to find a sohc block and swap it. sucks going from n/a to turbo.
Definition of Rice Eater
Requirements when you initially register!! Click Here
Image
Image

domesticated
1GN Registrant
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 am
Location: CDA IDAHO

Post by domesticated » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:53 am

420ACNY wrote:D16Z6... I had one in my 89 teg .... that shit could rape my neon up and down any day.
a friend of mine has a 95 b18 gsr teg 5 speed and i smoke him with my internally stock 2.0

420ACNY
1GN Registrant
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 pm
Location: Mexico NY
Contact:

Post by 420ACNY » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 am

domesticated wrote:
420ACNY wrote:D16Z6... I had one in my 89 teg .... that shit could rape my neon up and down any day.
a friend of mine has a 95 b18 gsr teg 5 speed and i smoke him with my internally stock 2.0

Maybe the neon is faster than the old teg was? I did not own them at the same time, and have never been to a strip. I know for a fact the D16Z6 2dr rusted and gutted teggy w/ bolt-ons felt a alot faster! But who knows I could be wrong.
98' MTX Coupe.. w/ all the fixin's
07' Focus SES... $260 a month- 'nough said
94' Altima
92'/94'/95' Talon Tsi AWD's (RIP's)

domesticated
1GN Registrant
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 am
Location: CDA IDAHO

Post by domesticated » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:27 am

my neons pretty fast though, curb weight is like 2100 plus or minus some gas

420ACNY
1GN Registrant
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:45 pm
Location: Mexico NY
Contact:

Post by 420ACNY » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:30 am

Its just a stock r/t right? my expresso 3.94 DOHC gutted with no power options should be just as quick.
98' MTX Coupe.. w/ all the fixin's
07' Focus SES... $260 a month- 'nough said
94' Altima
92'/94'/95' Talon Tsi AWD's (RIP's)

Post Reply