Owned a Golf IV TDI under torrential rain

Have a good kill against someone on the street or did you lose horribly, tell us about it here. <B>1GN.org DOES NOT promote street racing!</B>
uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Owned a Golf IV TDI under torrential rain

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:12 am

So the skies opend up again last night. The rain was ABSOLUTELY pouring with puddles this size everywhere :

We were coming back from an evening out and were cruising along at 80/90 on a two-lane road witha divider. I was on the left side of the road to avoid puddles when I had an HID-lit vehicle flash its lights behind me. I politely moved over and he went by. It was a modified (dare I say riced?) Golf IV TDI with bodykit, spoiler, aftermarket muffler and wheels. Had a "GTI" logo along with the "TDI3 which made me laugh as there is no such thing.

Anyways we end up at a red light on the same straught, two-lane road. At this point the Golf moves a littel before the light turns green and revs the engine a bit. Now I din't want to race even a turtle given the weather/road conditions but that was asking for it.
My wife goes "smoke him but lift off before the next light, remember the dip in the road (smart woman)".
The light turns green, he gets major wheelspin (TDI torque, huge advantage), I get off the line like a sick snail (I didn't want to wheelspin, launched at 2k, fool !), he stays right behind me while I row 1st and 2nd gear then I lose him when shifting into third and got about 3 car lengths on him at the next light.

Now the fun part. I slowed back down to 90, figuring he'll pass me but my point is made. He stays back anddrives at 90 like me until we go our separate ways. ????????

My wife had this explanation; his female partner (which was in the Golf's pax seat) probably told him "do you REALLY want your ass handed over to you a second time ? Bouahahahaha !

UTA

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:48 am

hehe LoL!

No diesel is gonna beat me!

Here in Holland some of the TDI's from VW have sometimes 1 red letter, like 2 silver letters TD, and the I is red.

some also have 3 red letters, wich indicates that it is a faster model.

Do you also have this in other country's..?? cuz I raced those TDI's many many times, and I have never been beaten by 1 of them.
Love Redline Shifting......

96spoolinSOHC
1GN Registrant

Post by 96spoolinSOHC » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:50 am

who races in a downpour?
this is all you need to know..bored out, high compression, big cam, aviation fuel....bus lengths.

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 am

I race anything, anywhere, anytime!

uta_flyinghigh
1GN Registrant

Post by uta_flyinghigh » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 am

I normally don't race in a downpour, but IN France we have a saying :

The one who looks for something finds it; the one who asks for something receives it.

Bouahahahaha.

UTA

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 am

hahaha LoL that's a good saying :P