Neon Vs. VW Vento VR-6 (Jetta MK3)

Have a good kill against someone on the street or did you lose horribly, tell us about it here. <B>1GN.org DOES NOT promote street racing!</B>
ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:40 pm

it is not compltelty wrong, just got home from school so no pics yet, but if you feel like attempting anything, cut the brown wire with the black line through it from the harness to the pcm, it doesnt extend nething, it is just gone, dont take my word from it, take it from 2ndglancemotorsports and his racing shop, ive visted there personally met the guy he works with and his neon onli weigh about 1600 pounds with 800 horse and i looked directly at his setup, FYI i kept shifting at my max of 6750 rpm i would never go above it, but the onli reason i did get rid of the limiter is to pass 118 in the quarter, if anyone here has a verizon cellphone with free text let me know and you can have a picture ASAP
My Fleet:
95 neon sohc atx daily driver during summer
96 neon sohc mtx hahn stage 5 night rider
94 plymouth sundance aka black betty beater
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:41 pm

also ACR's were dohc and the 95s had no limiter (allpar.com)
My Fleet:
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

SuperGus
1GN Registrant

Post by SuperGus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:26 am

NOT ALL ACRS were DOHC. The 98 ACR Sedan I have sitting in my backyard came from the factory with a SOHC engine.

1fast2liter
1GN Registrant

Post by 1fast2liter » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:09 am

yup acr's and r/t's both came in sohc and dohc and they also came 2 or 4dr. for awhile people who ordered base neons or neons with the sohc cause it was cheaper got free upgrades do to a shortage of sohc heads.

96 blue coupe sold
96 white 4 door sold
95 blue sport parted out
97 straberrie red coupe sold
95 black base parted out

current drivers
97 dodge ram 1500 5.9 ext cab sport fire engine red. tinted windows cat back exhaust suer chips tune, 1 mephis audio sub

90 audi 80. 400 miles to the tank
2002 custom sportster 90 whp and quick too

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:28 am

wickedgoodneon wrote:only to 85, thats cool neons do have a good 40-90 pic up
sorry but do you mean km/h pr mp/h???
Love Redline Shifting......

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:30 am

ubengineering wrote:also ACR's were dohc and the 95s had no limiter (allpar.com)
dude... Mine is from 95, SOHC, and I DO have a rev limiter...

mean98neon
1GN Registrant

Post by mean98neon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:58 am

I smoked my buddies manual VR6 Golf at the track 3 times this year in my SOHC ACR.... His car is chipped and has an intake and 3 inch exhaust and he is a great driver.... My ACR is far from stock but it is all motor I thought it was gunna be tight.. I took him by 3- 4 cars every time, now I no longer fear the VR6's although his is probly a 12 valve..... I took down a 1.8T jetta this year tooo... to be honest alot of volkswagens dont impress me..

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:11 am

what did you do to your Neon then??

wickedgoodneon
1GN Registrant

Post by wickedgoodneon » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:07 pm

NeonTuning wrote:
wickedgoodneon wrote:only to 85, thats cool neons do have a good 40-90 pic up
sorry but do you mean km/h pr mp/h???
MPH sorry.
mean98neon wrote:I smoked my buddies manual VR6 Golf at the track 3 times this year in my SOHC ACR.... His car is chipped and has an intake and 3 inch exhaust and he is a great driver.... My ACR is far from stock but it is all motor I thought it was gunna be tight.. I took him by 3- 4 cars every time, now I no longer fear the VR6's although his is probly a 12 valve..... I took down a 1.8T jetta this year tooo... to be honest alot of volkswagens dont impress me..
I personally love VW's. I agree tho they arent as fast as they think they are. Why your buddy had a 3 inch exhaust i dont know, i think thats a little to big. Ive seen some good VW's with some good weight reduction, that really helps them out. Ive seen a MK4 GTI 1.8t putting down over 300hp to the wheels. Now thats a nasty. what all do you have done to your neon, would love to know Im a SOHCer like you.

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:04 pm

SuperGus wrote:NOT ALL ACRS were DOHC. The 98 ACR Sedan I have sitting in my backyard came from the factory with a SOHC engine.
4 real? then sumone send an email over to allpar, i dont understand why all r/ts and acrs wouldnt have the dual, that seems retarded but o well i like my sohc
My Fleet:
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:20 am

deep breath............
ubengineering wrote:it is not compltelty wrong, just got home from school so no pics yet, but if you feel like attempting anything, cut the brown wire with the black line through it from the harness to the pcm, it doesnt extend nething, it is just gone, dont take my word from it, take it from 2ndglancemotorsports and his racing shop, ive visted there personally met the guy he works with and his neon onli weigh about 1600 pounds with 800 horse and i looked directly at his setup, FYI i kept shifting at my max of 6750 rpm i would never go above it, but the onli reason i did get rid of the limiter is to pass 118 in the quarter, if anyone here has a verizon cellphone with free text let me know and you can have a picture ASAP
a) yes it is completely wrong.
b) do you know that the rev limiter has nothing to do with being cut off at 118 MPH? that would be the speed limiter, not rev limiter. if this ace car mechanic you're talking about told you otherwise, then he must live in Oregon and go by the name of Noxneon. he's about the only one stupid enough to believe something like that (or so i thought)
c) i think i can speak for a majority of people here and say that most of us would be more interested in pictures of a 1600 pound Neon with 800 HP. i could be wrong, but those kind of numbers haven't been produced together very often. (where is Chip when you need him, he retains all sorts of info about other peoples cars? i'd google it, but the reigning champion of that method seems to me MIA as discussed in the shout box.)
ubengineering wrote:
SuperGus wrote:NOT ALL ACRS were DOHC. The 98 ACR Sedan I have sitting in my backyard came from the factory with a SOHC engine.
4 real? then someone send an email over to allpar, i don't understand why all r/ts and acrs wouldn't have the dual, that seems retarded but o well i like my sohc
allpar has been known to have inferior information for quite some time. the Neons.org FAQ would have told you that "all ACR Sedans have the SOHC engine; all Coupes get the DOHC. These engine choices have never varied throughout the life of the ACR, to avoid reclassification for SCCA road racing use."
NeonTuning wrote:what did you do to your Neon then??
a quick qoogle search for "mean98neon" revealed his cardomain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2377880 wrote:1998 DODGE NEON ACR SEDAN
-Black, Sedan
-SOHC 2.0L
-5 speed Manual Transmission

PERFORMANCE HEAD SPECS:
-Polished Combustion Chambers
-Milled .048"
-Intake & Exhaust Port Matched, Reshaped, Polished
-3 Angle Valve Job w/ Bowls Blended Into Valve Seat Area
-Polished Intake / Exhaust Valves
-Crane #14 Camshaft (262º/262º Duration .355"/.345" Lift)
-Mopar Magnum Valve Springs
-Unorthodox Racing Adjustable Cam Gear

ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE MODS:
-Pacesetter Header
-Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system/High flow cat
-AEM Air Induction
-Modified ATX throttle body
-Mopar PCM computer
-MPX under drive pulley
-Booger solid bobble strut
-Motor mount inserts
-EGR block off kit

SUSPENSION:
-ACR adjustable Factory Koni Shocks
-Goldline lowering springs 2 Inch drop

TRANSMISSION:
-ACR 3.94 Transmission (short gear ratio's)
-Short throw shift kit

EXTERIOR MODS
-Depo Diamond Clear Headlights and Signals
-X3 Racing Tail Lights
-16" TSW Wheels custom powder coated gunmetal/bronze
-Laser Tint 20% all around

ICE
-Sony Head Unit
-JL 6x9's and Tweeters
-1000W MTX 12" Sub
-Audiobhan 800W 2 Channel Amp
-XM Satellite Radio
-Prestige Alarm system

ACR FACTORY GOODIES
-Full R/T Interior
-Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and shifter knob
-Adjustable Koni Shocks
-4 Wheel Disc Brakes
-Front and Rear Sway Bars

NeonTuning
1GN Registrant

Post by NeonTuning » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:51 am

DAMN It's not very strange you smoked the VR6, look at this setup!!!

Totally tuned Neon, mine is shit compared to this one LoL!

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:47 pm

NeonTuning wrote:DAMN It's not very strange you smoked the VR6, look at this setup!!!

Totally tuned Neon, mine is shit compared to this one LoL!
yeah, one could say that its "fully built" :wink:

ubengineering
1GN Registrant

Post by ubengineering » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:12 pm

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:deep breath............
ubengineering wrote:it is not compltelty wrong, just got home from school so no pics yet, but if you feel like attempting anything, cut the brown wire with the black line through it from the harness to the pcm, it doesnt extend nething, it is just gone, dont take my word from it, take it from 2ndglancemotorsports and his racing shop, ive visted there personally met the guy he works with and his neon onli weigh about 1600 pounds with 800 horse and i looked directly at his setup, FYI i kept shifting at my max of 6750 rpm i would never go above it, but the onli reason i did get rid of the limiter is to pass 118 in the quarter, if anyone here has a verizon cellphone with free text let me know and you can have a picture ASAP
a) yes it is completely wrong.
b) do you know that the rev limiter has nothing to do with being cut off at 118 MPH? that would be the speed limiter, not rev limiter. if this ace car mechanic you're talking about told you otherwise, then he must live in Oregon and go by the name of Noxneon. he's about the only one stupid enough to believe something like that (or so i thought)
c) i think i can speak for a majority of people here and say that most of us would be more interested in pictures of a 1600 pound Neon with 800 HP. i could be wrong, but those kind of numbers haven't been produced together very often. (where is Chip when you need him, he retains all sorts of info about other peoples cars? i'd google it, but the reigning champion of that method seems to me MIA as discussed in the shout box.)
ubengineering wrote:
4 real? then someone send an email over to allpar, i don't understand why all r/ts and acrs wouldn't have the dual, that seems retarded but o well i like my sohc
allpar has been known to have inferior information for quite some time. the Neons.org FAQ would have told you that "all ACR Sedans have the SOHC engine; all Coupes get the DOHC. These engine choices have never varied throughout the life of the ACR, to avoid reclassification for SCCA road racing use."
NeonTuning wrote:what did you do to your Neon then??
a quick qoogle search for "mean98neon" revealed his cardomain page.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2377880 wrote:1998 DODGE NEON ACR SEDAN
-Black, Sedan
-SOHC 2.0L
-5 speed Manual Transmission

PERFORMANCE HEAD SPECS:
-Polished Combustion Chambers
-Milled .048"
-Intake & Exhaust Port Matched, Reshaped, Polished
-3 Angle Valve Job w/ Bowls Blended Into Valve Seat Area
-Polished Intake / Exhaust Valves
-Crane #14 Camshaft (262º/262º Duration .355"/.345" Lift)
-Mopar Magnum Valve Springs
-Unorthodox Racing Adjustable Cam Gear

ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE MODS:
-Pacesetter Header
-Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust system/High flow cat
-AEM Air Induction
-Modified ATX throttle body
-Mopar PCM computer
-MPX under drive pulley
-Booger solid bobble strut
-Motor mount inserts
-EGR block off kit

SUSPENSION:
-ACR adjustable Factory Koni Shocks
-Goldline lowering springs 2 Inch drop

TRANSMISSION:
-ACR 3.94 Transmission (short gear ratio's)
-Short throw shift kit

EXTERIOR MODS
-Depo Diamond Clear Headlights and Signals
-X3 Racing Tail Lights
-16" TSW Wheels custom powder coated gunmetal/bronze
-Laser Tint 20% all around

ICE
-Sony Head Unit
-JL 6x9's and Tweeters
-1000W MTX 12" Sub
-Audiobhan 800W 2 Channel Amp
-XM Satellite Radio
-Prestige Alarm system

ACR FACTORY GOODIES
-Full R/T Interior
-Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel and shifter knob
-Adjustable Koni Shocks
-4 Wheel Disc Brakes
-Front and Rear Sway Bars

i didmean to say speed limiter my bad, and the neon belng to 2nd glance motorsports itll b running in march
My Fleet:
Kawasaki ninja 600cc

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:52 am

it's not ok to go cutting your speed limiter either, it's there for a reason,

if you go hitting 150 on the stock T rated tire your gonna kill yourself

BTW i checked the wiring diagram, there is no BRN/BLK wire