wtf

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
subzero
1GN Registrant

wtf

Post by subzero » Sun May 23, 2010 9:02 pm

i had my key in accesories and my subs work but when the car is on the subs dont work and the red protection light is on then i shut the radio off and turned it back on and the subs work fine with no protection light. and for some other reason my radio doesnt pick up radio stations.....so what the hell is going on :?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:08 pm

do you have a good ground on your amp? what gauge wire do you have? also does your amp run rms?

radio wise that wire that plugs into your hu probably got loose. take the hu out and plug it back in.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

subzero
1GN Registrant

Post by subzero » Sun May 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Ladi3sman55 wrote:do you have a good ground on your amp? what gauge wire do you have? also does your amp run rms?

radio wise that wire that plugs into your hu probably got loose. take the hu out and plug it back in.
my ground is connected to where the tail light harness ground is. im not sure on the gauge its a walmart amp wiring kit. id think 8 ihave noidea on info on the amp its a pyramid pb448 800 watts 4 channel tried looking up info and notihng came up for it

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun May 23, 2010 10:27 pm

subzero wrote:
Ladi3sman55 wrote:do you have a good ground on your amp? what gauge wire do you have? also does your amp run rms?

my ground is connected to where the tail light harness ground is. im not sure on the gauge its a walmart amp wiring kit. id think 8 ihave noidea on info on the amp its a pyramid pb448 800 watts 4 channel tried looking up info and notihng came up for it
i would imagine 8g is fine for that amp then. might want to try buying thicker wire if my next suggestion doesnt help.
i would sand down the paint around that ground to get a better metal to metal connection. that is what i had to do.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Sun May 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Where is the turn-on lead fed from, the head unit or an accessory power lead? Factory or aftermarket head unit? Try jumping the turn-on from the main power on the amp.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

ricker91878
1GN Registrant

re: wtf

Post by ricker91878 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:01 am

Check and make sure your remote wire isn't hooked up to your power antenna wire behind the radio. The wires on some head units look the same.
99 2 dr R/T DOHC coupe, all the bells and whistles...