how to build my sub box

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
lil_kyle
1GN n00b

how to build my sub box

Post by lil_kyle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 pm

hello every one i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to fit my stereo gear in my car. first of my car is a 2 dr 1997 dodge neon and my stereo gear is 2 15" MTX 9500 subs and a TA81001 MTX amp. i have a dual 15'' box but these subs in that box would be to heavy and plus i had to bend the trunk lip a lil bit to make them fit in before and there is maybe 2-3 inches between them and the trunk lid so them would rattle the hell out of the trunk unless i faced them towards the front they might be good. but id like to have them both in there with some room to spare and if at all possible still have my back seats in there to keep it original on the inside. so please if you have any pics of your installs that look really nice please let me see or if you have any ideas or tips please let me know aswell.

Thanks, Kyle

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:24 pm

dont face them towards the front. i made that mistake once. sound doesnt get the chance to resonate properly and doesnt get loud at all. face them towards the rear. however with 2 15's you wont have any room. haha ive been there so i would know. i currently have 1 15 with a massive ported box and i still dont have room.
i have a video on youtube if you search mach 5 maw 15 you should be able to find it pretty easy.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

okvol
1GN Registrant

Post by okvol » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 am

I've got a pair of 12s in a sealed box stuffed with polyfill. Base 2dr 96, took out sound deadner behind the fixed rear seat. U2, ZZ Top (Recyler, Head's in Mississippii - try it with good subs, 1 minute into the song), System of a Down, even the delicate acoustic bass in the Mommas and the Poppas is clear. But I don't have much room left in my trunk. It does sit a little lower in the back end...
Neon owner by choice.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

just fyi poly fill is a waste of money.. it does help but not enough to really notice anything at all. just sayin.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

okvol
1GN Registrant

Post by okvol » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:37 pm

I did research some audio expert advice, and most agree that polyfill adds 50% to the volume. It's only $2.50 for a bag at WallyWorld.

By the way - just troll the pawn shops for a box. I got a used box for $50.
Neon owner by choice.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:26 pm

or educate yourself and build your own box. materials for me cost about 50 bucks. not sure who this expert is but i bet they have stock in poly fill lol 50% to the volume? so if i hit 160db's with my system like i do now and put poly fill in you are telling me i will hit 240dbs? lmfao i wish. poly fill is pretty much one of those myths. it sounds like it would work until you actually test it out and the results dont add up to the hype. kinda like what k and n does with their filters lol.
anyways to the OP if you want a really good site to learn on check out:
www.caraudio.com or
www.soundsolutionsaudio.com
both of those forums are VERY helpful if you are respectful and not annoying. there are plenty of people out there willing to help you get what you want out of your system.
The definition of a NEON