rear door speakers

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
subzero
1GN Registrant

rear door speakers

Post by subzero » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 am

how exaclty would i wire up sum speakers in my rear doors (4dr) idk if this is even possible and yes i know there are no speakers there

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm sure it wouldnt be to difficult just kinda go with the ideas from the front doors but you would deffinetly have to cut a round hole outa your door shell for the speaker to set into, and running wires would be easy. if you do doit post some pics and stuff a cool idea

my 04 jetta has rear door speakers but doesnt have them up by the window like a neon so would be kinda like surround sound.

subzero
1GN Registrant

Post by subzero » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 pm

JmAnneonrt wrote:I'm sure it wouldnt be to difficult just kinda go with the ideas from the front doors but you would deffinetly have to cut a round hole outa your door shell for the speaker to set into, and running wires would be easy. if you do doit post some pics and stuff a cool idea

my 04 jetta has rear door speakers but doesnt have them up by the window like a neon so would be kinda like surround sound.
so do you think i could get the braces from the front door that holds the speaker there and then go buy some speakers and then get speaker wire follow the wiring from the rear speakers then strip the wire and then tape it up and it would work like that?

http://onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_1 ... _F365.aspx

^^the speakers i was thinking of getting

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:28 pm

Yah i dont see why not, what you mean by braces? What i would do is take your panel off measure and match with from door cut it out and like your speakers up in the hole and mark off where to drill the holes to bolt the speaker in.

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Also as for that soundstorm brand ive never heard of them thats up to you if you wanna try em but id go with a known brand myself like pioneer, dual, jenson stuff like that. I dunno if you'd done speakers before or not but be sure sense your buying brand new speakers when you turn them on dont just crank the knob right up high and blare your music or you'll end up with a blown speaker.

subzero
1GN Registrant

Post by subzero » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:46 pm

JmAnneonrt wrote:Also as for that soundstorm brand ive never heard of them thats up to you if you wanna try em but id go with a known brand myself like pioneer, dual, jenson stuff like that. I dunno if you'd done speakers before or not but be sure sense your buying brand new speakers when you turn them on dont just crank the knob right up high and blare your music or you'll end up with a blown speaker.
ya ill prolly go ya i think ill go with a known brand prolly kenwood or pioneer

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:21 am

yup better off

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:16 pm

im sure you are going to have to build a kick panel. i believe that most speakers wont fit in the door flush. just depends on how professional you want this to look.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:19 pm

o and as far as brands for speakers go. do some research and you will find out some "off brand" stuff is much better for less. a lot of times you are paying for the name. if you want some really nice speakers start asking some questions on www.caraudio.com they will get you headed in the direction of components however if you dont have the money get some 2-ways. there will be less power cuts for the unneeded tweeters.
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

JmAnneonrt
1GN Registrant

Post by JmAnneonrt » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:00 pm

thats true also about paying for the brand name very true but i personally just dont like buying stuff expesually in the electrical/audio type of stuff.

That kick panel is right you could probably go by the specs of the front doors wouldnt you think? I put some in the front doors without the panel and the window couldnt go all the way down but the windows in the back dont so you may not need to.