Mach 5 Audio

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:23 am

i dont believe i mentioned it.. im running a cadence daytona 1000d no where near the amount of power i want but it will have to do for now as i have no moneys.. 1000 @ 1 ohm i want 3000 @ 1 ohm im looking into the audiopipe ap3000d from what i have read it does rated power and its only 300 bucks. still gotta get me an upgraded alt if i do end up bumping up the power that much along with a few new batts.
only reason i would ever want a suv is for the room! i really wana get a used explorer they have lots of room, easy to take apart, and easy to find big alts for them!

and with only 1k watts i wana get in the 150db range.. which is more than reasonable.. if i had the right amp and was able to back it up with the power i would def shoot for the 160's.. i would also wall of my back seat if i had the right power :D man i wish i had more money!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:45 pm

Well i got some good news and some bad news.
Good news: My spl-15 came in today! :D
Bad news: My spl-15 has a crack in the basket :(
i have lots more but i'll quit with the pics :D
btw its clearly shippers fault. :(
and the basket seems to still be strong..
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:24 pm

nobody cares? lol well i guess i'll let you know i'll be calling dhl later today and i already talked to mark (the owner of mach 5 audio) and he is hooking me up with a new one. he's a great guy! A+ customer service!
The definition of a NEON

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Personally I never liked how 15"s sounded. I havent rocked a system in a wile but I managed to stuff a 18" Cerwin Vega Stroker in the back of my old 2dr expresso and a huge PPI amp......

Amp got stolen but they couldnt get the sub out of the trunk! lol
SuperCharged SOHC http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:17 pm

old school ppi amps were good shit! i would love an 18 but last time i checked my trunk is only 17 high :(
and i love 15's! perfect size for a neon imo!
The definition of a NEON

6(sic)6
1GN Registrant

Post by 6(sic)6 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:40 pm

It fit in my neon's trunk. I had to do some masaging with a hammer and the box pertruded into the back seat. IIRC it was a monsterous 6 cubic feet box
SuperCharged SOHC http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=
Samu wrote:If you get rid of your 1st gen it will be like the girl that got away. :cry:

sobie88
1GN n00b

Post by sobie88 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:46 pm

arent neons rated at 9 cu ft of trunk space? lol

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:35 pm

sobie88 wrote:arent neons rated at 9 cu ft of trunk space? lol
prolly.. for the whole trunk.. i dont wana have to wall off my trunk and run a giant fiberglass box tho.. lots of money i'll never get back out of it. at least the box is cheap works nicely and can be scrapped for a sweet bike jump when torn apart :lol:

btw i do have the sub in but only running 1000 watts to it since thats all my lil amp puts out :(
it still murders my ears and hits the lows like no other! i love this sub!!!
The definition of a NEON