Infinity Reference 1250W's

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
Archametes
1GN Registrant

Infinity Reference 1250W's

Post by Archametes » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:51 pm

Hey,

I just got a set of Infinity Reference 1250W's for free. Are they good? I've never had 12's before and I listen to ALOT of heavy metal and hard rock...not so much rap. I had a set of Diamond Audio 10's but had to sell them to pay some bills... They were awesome subs. These have the same ratings as far as power goes so the amp I have should work decently on them but will these be comparable sound wise?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Re: Infinity Reference 1250W's

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 am

Archametes wrote:Hey,

I just got a set of Infinity Reference 1250W's for free. Are they good? I've never had 12's before and I listen to ALOT of heavy metal and hard rock...not so much rap. I had a set of Diamond Audio 10's but had to sell them to pay some bills... They were awesome subs. These have the same ratings as far as power goes so the amp I have should work decently on them but will these be comparable sound wise?
should perform good.. howd u get them free? u will notice they will hit lower and louder.. (generally speaking) lol i dont think ive ever meet some1 that has never heard 12s but still has a system lol.. 12's are prolly the most popular size sub.. :lol:
get them in the reccomended size box and they should sound good.. are you going to get a ported box or sealed box? i would say go ported to get them to perform the best.. keep me updated and post some pics!!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:20 pm

Ive heard 12's. I'm not THAT out of it, but I've never owned them. And all the ones I have heard had way to much vibration and not a hard enough hit for me to enjoy. I was always told the smaller the sub the harder they hit like a sledgehammer to the chest, the bigger they are the softer the hit but longer vibration like a massage.....

I've got the box they came in which is a ported box. As far as got them for free.... It was a package deal because the kid thought the subs were blown and not the amp, I hooked his amp to his new subs and buzz buzz buzz... obviously not the subs! He gave them to me for helping him figure out the problem.

Time still remains to say if there is anything wrong with these as I can't find the wiring harness to put the stereo in my Sunfire with the subs so I'll keep you posted.....

Pics are gonna take a few days though my girlfriend has the camera in Maine.....

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:16 pm

as far as how hard a sub hits.. it has very little to do with the size of the cone.. it is more about size and amount of vc's and how strong the magnet is.. the higher the bl the harder the sub hits in theory
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:17 pm

Ah... but wouldn't a tighter 10 with the same size magnet as a 12 hit harder but resonate less due to size? That was the theory I was told and it may not be perfect but it works...

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 am

yes that would hold true but when u get a 12 the 12 is going 2 have a bigger magnet to pull the bigger vc so that theory is somewhat off..
go 2 any site that sells subs look at the same brand and model n shit then look at the 12 vs the 10.. they change alot due to the bigger cone.. this is a very debateable topic b/c so many ppl are misinformed..
sorry if i come off as an ass :lol:
The definition of a NEON

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:24 am

I understand what your saying about power and the other crap that it incorporates, but I'm just refering to the sound and the feeling though. I pesonally would rather have my car feel like a sledgehammer to the chest that a full time back massage.

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:00 pm

honestly its all in the box design. i use to have 2 10" infinity 1030w's in a box i made my ears started to bleed. hit harder than any 12's. designed sumthen like a snailshell from powered4sound
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit