Front Door Panels

Questions about Amps, headunits, speakers, subs, ect... Anything to do with audio, those questions all go here.
Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Front Door Panels

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Tue May 15, 2007 5:39 pm

Ok so heres the deal i bought some new front speakers and i cant figure out how to take them off.. my car was in an accident b4 i bought it and i think it may have a diff. configuration than other 1gn neon doors.. when i pull my window crank away from the panel there is no visable clip to take off so any help would b appriciated.. o and my car is a automatic 98' plymouth neon sedan (no power windows, seats, mirrors, etc)
THANKS!!
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

robert 'bob' paulson
1GN Registrant

Post by robert 'bob' paulson » Tue May 15, 2007 9:09 pm

you may not be able to see a clip, but its there. the easiest way to take them off is with one of these.
once you get the window crank off, you have to pull back on the handle you use to open the door from the inside and take out a screw from there (star pattern, forget the size). there is also a philips head screw down in the part where you put your hand to close the door. the rest of the panel is held on with those stupid plastic clips that almost always break when you pull the door skin off. the tool above can also be used on those plastic tabs, but i find it easier to just rip the panel off and replace the broken ones with new ones.

chipdogg
1GN Registrant

Post by chipdogg » Tue May 15, 2007 10:32 pm

t25 I think for the one behind the door handle. I use a rag or my shirt or something and wrap it around the window crank handle and twist till the clip pops off, it usually gets stuck in the fabric so I haven't lost one this way. I used to lose those bitches all the time when I used a flathead screwdriver lol. God that sucks, yay for pockets and junkyards!!!
'97 black ACR coupe- #3 - Scrappy
'96 black coupe- #4
'97 magenta coupe- #10 - 13.379 @ 101.07 mph
'04 SXT mtx - #45 - GF's DD
'96 ACR
'95 Astro Van
'11 Chevy Express
'02 atx - #48
'98 Intense Blue R/T - #49
'04 SRT-4 - #50
'99 Intense Blue R/T - #51

52 and counting, when will it stop?

monkeyman9630
1GN Registrant

Post by monkeyman9630 » Tue May 15, 2007 11:00 pm

to get the clip off i push the door back from the crank and use a hanger with a small but sharp u at the bottom and yank it out.
-Lugo-

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Re: Front Door Panels

Post by BlueR/T » Wed May 16, 2007 12:08 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:Ok so heres the deal i bought some new front speakers and i cant figure out how to take them off.. my car was in an accident b4 i bought it and i think it may have a diff. configuration than other 1gn neon doors.. when i pull my window crank away from the panel there is no visable clip to take off so any help would b appriciated.. o and my car is a automatic 98' plymouth neon sedan (no power windows, seats, mirrors, etc)
THANKS!!
haha, you may have bought my old neon, if you did, good luck cause i glued the handle on with epoxy

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:37 am

BlueR/T wrote:
Ladi3sman55 wrote:Ok so heres the deal i bought some new front speakers and i cant figure out how to take them off.. my car was in an accident b4 i bought it and i think it may have a diff. configuration than other 1gn neon doors.. when i pull my window crank away from the panel there is no visable clip to take off so any help would b appriciated.. o and my car is a automatic 98' plymouth neon sedan (no power windows, seats, mirrors, etc)
THANKS!!
haha, you may have bought my old neon, if you did, good luck cause i glued the handle on with epoxy
i think it was a local trade in.. was your neon t boned?
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:39 am

robert 'bob' paulson wrote:you may not be able to see a clip, but its there. the easiest way to take them off is with one of these.
once you get the window crank off, you have to pull back on the handle you use to open the door from the inside and take out a screw from there (star pattern, forget the size). there is also a philips head screw down in the part where you put your hand to close the door. the rest of the panel is held on with those stupid plastic clips that almost always break when you pull the door skin off. the tool above can also be used on those plastic tabs, but i find it easier to just rip the panel off and replace the broken ones with new ones.
i actually went out 2 my local o rileys and bought that part but when i tried it it didnt do any thing i even had my buddy that works there try it and he couldnt get it either.. could it have been changed when the door was replaced? my car was t boned a while back from the previous owner..
The definition of a NEON

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Mon May 21, 2007 3:54 pm

any more help? im still clueless.. should i try the tool again or are there other ways 2 remove the door panel?
The definition of a NEON

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:42 pm

is there a special way 2 use the tool or do u just put it inbetween the window crank and the door panel? some1 please help me i cant stand having 2 listen 2 just rear speakers!! thanks
The definition of a NEON

vielecustoms
1GN Registrant

Post by vielecustoms » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Christ! by now I would have broke it off changed the speaker and found another handle!!! I'd probally say some one glued it after taking it off once or twice even with new clips they don't like to stay on. if you can't find the clip there may not be one, try heating if it is glued it may soften it up..... if not cut it or break it and go from there. :lol:

BlueR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by BlueR/T » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:48 am

Ladi3sman55 wrote:
BlueR/T wrote:
THANKS!!
here's my old one:
http://forum.1gn.org/garage.php?mode=vi ... cle&CID=49

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:53 pm

vielecustoms wrote:Christ! by now I would have broke it off changed the speaker and found another handle!!! I'd probally say some one glued it after taking it off once or twice even with new clips they don't like to stay on. if you can't find the clip there may not be one, try heating if it is glued it may soften it up..... if not cut it or break it and go from there. :lol:
ok i will try heating it first then if that doesnt work then i might just beat on it :D lol it hasnt really bothered me untill about 3 days ago being that thats when i got my license :D
The definition of a NEON

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:54 pm

get a paper clip and bend it into a hood and put it in there and pull
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:09 am

BlueR/T wrote:
Ladi3sman55 wrote:
BlueR/T wrote:
THANKS!!
here's my old one:
http://forum.1gn.org/garage.php?mode=vi ... cle&CID=49
this is the neon i have..

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb176/ladi3sman55/
The definition of a NEON

96neon
1GN n00b

Post by 96neon » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 pm

the clip is on there trust me its just hard to see. try to pry the handle out a little to look at it. its easiest if you lay under the door pry the handle away from the pannel and turn the handle until you see a silver clip it should have 2 bent prongs. you have to push the prongs untill the clip pops off and since yours probably has a new clip on there it may fly off the 1st time so watch out you will lose the clips. oh and the plastic spacer or washer that goes inbetween the panel and handle should be kept close to the pannel not the handle when you pry to look at it. You may want a flash light also b/c you probablty don't have much light to look in there. you want to keep the handle pryed out and use another tool preferably something w/ a bend in it to push the clips off