Stereo stolen...

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Stereo stolen...

Post by 98neon_r/t » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:06 am

So Sunday night my stereo was stolen. I was at a buddys house for less than two hours, I got in my car and noticed my cover on the ground and then seen the wires hanging out. They didn't damage my factory wires or the kit so I was able to hook the new one up really quick...anyways...i need to get an alarm. I'm sure some of you are aware about the neon windows being able to be bent to have access to the car. How can I fix this? Also, my mirror needs guided up when I roll it up. (Automatic) Any advice would be great. Thanks!

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 pm

That's the problem with frameless windows. They are easy to bend outward and how the inner door latch is ( you pull and it will unlock the door) but all Chryslers are like that.

Subies have them too but your best bet is to get an alarm ( I put them on both my Neons now) Be sure that it has a trigger wire that ties into the dome light or a open door input. I have seen people able to pop the window just enough not to trigger the shock sensor. Just get a decent alarm that's around $100 or so. They are not that hard to install, just have a Hanes or a Chilton's with a good wiring diagram. The alarms only tie into about 5 or 6 wires, but add a few more for a remote start. I used a Galaxy 5000RS made by Scytek. Good alarm with the lcd display on the fob.
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07

98neon_r/t
1GN Registrant

Post by 98neon_r/t » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 am

Thanks, I figured thats what I would have to do. Fuckin crackheads stealin ppls shit...