Someone smashed my windown.....

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
mahifish
1GN Registrant

Someone smashed my windown.....

Post by mahifish » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Im replacing it and got everything else off the window except the damn door handle. I was told to use a towel and It would pop right out, but it didnt.? any tips?

Ladi3sman55
1GN Registrant

Post by Ladi3sman55 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:58 pm

that sucks man! story? sorry i cant help i have no clue about this stuff :lol:
The definition of a NEON
A great domestic compact car whose rapidly disappearing taillights are most typically seen through the windshields of Honda Civics, Chevy Cavaliers, and other assorted shitboxes.
According to Urban Dict. dot COM

1gnR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 1gnR/T » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:59 pm

door handle?? inside outside? or you talking about the window crank
Sales Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=335511

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:48 pm

what I did was went to the junk yard and ripped one of the door there, I know not very nice for the next guy but it served a purpose. Next took a piece of sheet metal and marked a referance point from the opening hles on the handle to the sheet metal, then made a u cut out on the sheet metal. now it can slide in behind the handle and hit the lock "ring" at both points and just pop it off no problem at all...... If I can find it I'll send a pic.

Worst case scenario get a really small headed but long shanked flathead screwdriver and go from the actual handle towards the pivot point, if you can get close enough you'll see the little tabs of the lock ring sticking up. Push on those and watch out where it flies of to.

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I was taklking about the window crank, usually there is a little lock collar but thats not the case on the neon. Sorry guys I was in a hurry when I posted first.
Ladi3sman55 wrote:that sucks man! story? sorry i cant help i have no clue about this stuff :lol:
I had a gps plugged in charging and stored in my glove box but apparently some asshole seen the charger and smashed my window in and stole the gps.

Archametes
1GN Registrant

Post by Archametes » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:42 pm

Yeah the lock ring for the window roller handle. I just normally use a really small flat head and pop it off. But it goes from the actual handle part and pushing away from it.