Stripped Brake Caliper Bolt Need Help!

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power? Questions about 1st gen Neon suspension, steering and braking systems belong right here!
hotrod
1GN Registrant

Stripped Brake Caliper Bolt Need Help!

Post by hotrod » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:49 pm

Yesterday I Started Replacing my brake pads on the front of my car thinking they needed it because everytime I pressed on the brakes from a 70mph roll my steering wheel an brake pedal shakes horrificly, plus I noticed my brakes started squeeling anytime I depress the brake pedal, well to make a long story short.
After I took the driver side caliper off, It was missing the bottom bolt, thinking that was The Reason it was shaking, easy fix i thought, so i found another bolt laying around my garage tightened it up then found another issue, the bolt would not fully tighten it just kept spinning lol...
Question: Do I need to replace the Caliper Part Or The Bracket That holds The caliper Or Both?
Also How Do you remove these parts to replace them
My Ne0n Project Can Be Found Here
http://teamtos.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=153
IT'S JUST A NEON L0oL...

mcclunet
1GN Registrant

Post by mcclunet » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm

I would re tap the hole and find a slightly larger bolt, unless you have a extra knuckle laying around to use, or option C. JB weld it in and hope you can get out later lol.. i dont would not use option c though.