springs

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power? Questions about 1st gen Neon suspension, steering and braking systems belong right here!
neonfighter86
1GN Registrant

springs

Post by neonfighter86 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 pm

What lowering springs will lower the neon the lowest without getting coilovers. I ALL READY HAVE KYB STRUTS READY.
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough.

2drSRT4
1GN Registrant

Post by 2drSRT4 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 pm

KYBs won't do shit. They suck for anything lowered, they're supposed to be "stock replacement" struts. But, if it's low you want, get H&R springs or Eibach sport lines. H&Rs are more performance oriented.

Twisted Noodle
1GN Registrant

Post by Twisted Noodle » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:34 pm

Just make sure when choosing your springs you pay attention to the spring rate. KYB's are suppose to be "stock replacement" (As 4drsrt4 stated) so any springs too stiff may ruin or "blow out" the KYB's.

If you need options you can drop me a line for a price on a few different sets.

The H&R race springs will drop the neon 1.6 in the front and 1.4 in the rear, but "might" be too stiff for the KYB's.

The Eibachs will lower the neon 1.6/1.6 and might be the best choice.

The K-sport spring lower about 1.75/1.75 and are less expensive that the Eibachs. Ksport is a good brand but better known for their coilovers.

The Suspension Technics only lowers 1.2/1.2 and are a little bit more. Honestly I can't even find the part number on their website so they might be discontinued.
Headstrong Performance
Sport compact Performance Parts
www.Headstrongperformance.net

neonfighter86
1GN Registrant

Post by neonfighter86 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks guys
If everything seems to be in control, you're not going fast enough.