what calipers can we run form different cars?

Have some questions about how to achive better handling and stopping power? Questions about 1st gen Neon suspension, steering and braking systems belong right here!
subzero
1GN Registrant

what calipers can we run form different cars?

Post by subzero » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:21 pm

i was curious if i could run calipers from a stealth seeing they are dual pistion. and im assuming have to change the booster and brake fluid res. or other car calipers.

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:57 pm

I'd be surprised if they fit since it's a Mitsubishi-designed and built car.

Dual piston doesn't have to mean it's "better". Better bet would be better pads. Neons don't normally have rear brake issues with under performing. Many times they're already too tail happy. Balanced brakes front to rear makes it better depending on what you're doing.

The OEM original 4-piston calipers in the front of my '68 Chevelle suck. I would love to swap to the "standard" single piston caliper for that car.
You know me

subzero
1GN Registrant

Post by subzero » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:05 pm

JeffB#2 wrote:I'd be surprised if they fit since it's a Mitsubishi-designed and built car.

Dual piston doesn't have to mean it's "better". Better bet would be better pads. Neons don't normally have rear brake issues with under performing. Many times they're already too tail happy. Balanced brakes front to rear makes it better depending on what you're doing.

The OEM original 4-piston calipers in the front of my '68 Chevelle suck. I would love to swap to the "standard" single piston caliper for that car.
my car isnt tail happy with me at all. my cavalier was more tail happy then this car is, this car sticks to the road better then any of my other cars.

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:09 pm

wait til Friday night when it snows and see how happy it is? lol
You know me

96sled
1GN n00b

Post by 96sled » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:26 am

Dodge daytona shelby big brakes? They fit on the front with thw whole spindle swap?
Never no such thing as too many only not enough.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:57 pm

an srt brake setup can swap in with little work. but yeah better pads and maybe some discs would work.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!