fuel tuning

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car, or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

fuel tuning

Post by chrono_killa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:49 am

so i just got done building my N/A motor (mag head, crane 14, dohc piston, mag header)

is there anything i should do fuel wise?
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:49 am

Get an SAFC or some other form of piggy back controller. If you want to tune it yourself, invest in a wideband. Stock injectors should be fine. What PCM are you using?
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:45 am

stock pcm. i have a sohc. going to get a dohc mopar pcm for the rev limiter. would i need to mess with the fuel more while using a dohc pcm on a sohc engine
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:12 am

Its hard to say. Your engine's fuel requirements have changed, so you would just be guessing.

If you have a means of tunning the engine you will be able to get more power out of it.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

infil

Post by infil » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:03 pm

i'm running a bit less compression and run rich as hell. I would lean away from an AFC as i've yet to have a good experience with one. Honestly i wouldn't worry about it too much, good set of 19lb injectors(good set being balanced) and you'll be fine.
Infil <--click
AMSOIL, Technical Auto Group, S.I. J&V Tools
Fast Times Performance 2002 Subaru WRX 2.5, 11.936@113.18
95 All Motor Neon
13.958@96.99
SOHC - ALL MOTOR - STOCK BLOCK

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:55 pm

so a safc isnt a must? and bigger injectors should do the make it a bit better?

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:50 pm

19lb injectors are stock. You probably wont need any bigger. The problem with the SAFC is that everyone is too cheap to use a dyno while tuning with one. Its hard to correctly tune with one on the street unless you have a method of data logging.

If you don't get some form of fuel controller, you have no way to tune it. You may be better off having a few dyno runs done with a wideband attached so you can determine if you need to make any adjustments.

Project Log