I want to break 180hp...

Just install MegaSquirt or some other system that allows you to tune your car, or just have a question about tuning and the options available? Feel free to ask it here.
pettersen
1GN Registrant

I want to break 180hp...

Post by pettersen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:17 am

What should i do?

97 chrysler neon LE
2.0 soch 16v (with type 100ecu wich blocks the hp to 100hp)

New ecu =130hp

What is the best way to get the next 50hp?
Turbo is not an option yet, I need more cash and knowledge before i start that project.

Exhaust?
Induction?
Internals?

Please help out an Norwegian Royal guard with the thirst for more Power :twisted:

jrumann59
1GN Registrant

Post by jrumann59 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:41 am

Since money is a premium I would hold off on the internals until you are ready for the turbo, or something breaks. Not in any particular order header, intake, exhaust.

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am

How much should i gain, from headers, 2,5" exhaust and new air filter?

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:11 pm

if u want to go all motor. yer gone need a 60mm tb, crane 14's, doch pistons or Je compression pistons. race ecu. the 2.5 " exhaust will just complimant the other add ons. get a custom made intake manifold too. long tube header also
BIGRAM wrote:i ain't gay you sucked my dick
My Cars-98 plymouth highline neon, atx, msd coil, 3.0 intake, ebay udp
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:18 pm

chrono_killa wrote:if u want to go all motor. yer gone need a 60mm tb, crane 14's, doch pistons or Je compression pistons. race ecu. the 2.5 " exhaust will just complimant the other add ons. get a custom made intake manifold too. long tube header also
Ok'eyy :?:

I'm not quite shure what "60mm tb", crane 14's are.
Could you throw up some links to them, or explain what they are.

And where can i buy them, modernperformance??

More link's please :P

They dont sell a damn shait for the Neon in norway, only a minor selection of styling... :evil:

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:01 pm

link for a custom air intake http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t ... to+blaster

www.modernperformance.com for the crane cam 14's and the 60mm throttle body.

www.summitracing.com also supplies a few neon parts.
Future mods- magnum head, magnum header, rims, msd wires, 60mm tb, dohc pistons, 2.5" dual exhaust, modded valvebody, filled mounts, switch to a tach cluster with green leds and some more shit

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:42 pm

It sounds like you have the 1.8l sohc engine, so it's going to be a little tougher.

Over the sea here they even made a 150hp sohc in the second generation neon. It's going to take a good amount of money to get 180hp.

This is a dynograph of a sohc with that much power. Neons have something like a 15% drivetrain loss, so it's showing how much power after that loss.

It is a 2.0l magnum sohc
The magnum engine has a better camshaft, intake manifold, more agressive programming, cylinder head with much improved exhaust ports and exhaust from the cylinder head to the tail pipe/muffler.

In this dyno it has an even better throttle body, intake manifold, pcm, header, exhaust, added are also an underdrive crank pulley and cold air intake.

For the 140 whp run, that was with the camshaft from a 2001 magnum engine. For the 155 whp run that is with the crane #14 camshaft.

For you to come close to this setup, it will easily cost $2500 USD before shipping for you to duplicate, and that is with still using your 1.8l block/pistons/rods/everything from the head gasket down to the oil pan.

As you can see, that's a lot of money for 180hp when you can spend about the same on a turbo kit and have much more potential and torque!

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:12 am

fusion210 wrote:It sounds like you have the 1.8l sohc engine, so it's going to be a little tougher.

Over the sea here they even made a 150hp sohc in the second generation neon. It's going to take a good amount of money to get 180hp.

This is a dynograph of a sohc with that much power. Neons have something like a 15% drivetrain loss, so it's showing how much power after that loss.

It is a 2.0l magnum sohc
The magnum engine has a better camshaft, intake manifold, more agressive programming, cylinder head with much improved exhaust ports and exhaust from the cylinder head to the tail pipe/muffler.

In this dyno it has an even better throttle body, intake manifold, pcm, header, exhaust, added are also an underdrive crank pulley and cold air intake.

For the 140 whp run, that was with the camshaft from a 2001 magnum engine. For the 155 whp run that is with the crane #14 camshaft.

For you to come close to this setup, it will easily cost $2500 USD before shipping for you to duplicate, and that is with still using your 1.8l block/pistons/rods/everything from the head gasket down to the oil pan.

As you can see, that's a lot of money for 180hp when you can spend about the same on a turbo kit and have much more potential and torque!

No i don't have the 1,8l I have the 2,0 16v. read the post before you answer it.

And if you need more proof than the my word, here's a pic:

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:24 am

So if i understand you right "chrono_killa".
I just have'to find a spair intake manifold and modify it to look something like this:

[JeffB#2]Sure is a lot of interest again in something I cobbled together.....

Ports are ground out right to the edge of each rubber gasket. Also blended back in a couple of inches. Injector bumps removed completely.

Runners extend thru the PVC tube about .350". Why? No real reason other than cuz I wanted to do it that way.
Ends of each runner are ground on an angle on the inside to a sharp edge.

For all practical purposes, the runners are 7.5" long on the outside edge of the turn.

chrono_killa
1GN Registrant

Post by chrono_killa » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:22 pm

something like that yes

fusion210
1GN Registrant

Post by fusion210 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:38 pm

pettersen wrote:
No i don't have the 1,8l I have the 2,0 16v. read the post before you answer it.

And if you need more proof than the my word, here's a pic:
[ig]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i127/ ... 210004.jpg[/img]
I did, but I was tired from working on my own car and enjoying a beer or two. :lol:
I hope you found the rest of the information useful. I was thrown off by your '100ecu' which I've never heard of and just assumed you had the lower output (1.8l) sohc engine. :oops:

I hope you still want to be friends, aww. <3

Lackof
1GN Registrant

Post by Lackof » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:43 pm

pettersen wrote:So if i understand you right "chrono_killa".
I just have'to find a spair intake manifold and modify it to look something like this:

[JeffB#2]Sure is a lot of interest again in something I cobbled together.....

Ports are ground out right to the edge of each rubber gasket. Also blended back in a couple of inches. Injector bumps removed completely.

Runners extend thru the PVC tube about .350". Why? No real reason other than cuz I wanted to do it that way.
Ends of each runner are ground on an angle on the inside to a sharp edge.

For all practical purposes, the runners are 7.5" long on the outside edge of the turn.
I'm selling a spare DOHC mani ... pm if need one.

pettersen
1GN Registrant

Post by pettersen » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:22 am

fusion210 wrote:
I hope you still want to be friends, aww. <3
shure we can :P