fuel delivery system question very desperate please help

Have a question related to Turbos, Nitrous, Supercharging, ect... ask it here.
josesinho
Fresh Fish

fuel delivery system question very desperate please help

Post by josesinho » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:54 pm

hello!

hey guys I'm going turbo un my mtx 1gen sohc neon and I have almost everything to install but I need to solve something first.. how do I really run the correct fuel!!!

this is making me crazy as I dont understand this...
1. do I need an AFC system
2. do I need larger injectors
3. do I need an rrfpr
4. do I need a fpr
5. do I need to do the spoolboy mod or the agp kit works fine?

look I'm just going to boost 6-7 psi.. so what equipment is the one that I reallyneed ?
this is why I'm confused...

In the post of ''how to install turbo srt4'' says dont use afc and use fmu like chillfactory, other posts say that with afc neo and map clamp os good... other posts say no need to use afc only run bigger injectors.. other says tha using the mopar fpr you eliminate the use of an fpr.... sh*/T! I'm confuseddd!!!! does anyone has a good formula that I can copy? helpp!!!!

this is what I got so far..
t3/t4 turbo(ebay)
manifold(ebay)
intercooler (ebay)
turbo feed lines i only need some fittings
intercooler pipes(ebay)
walbro pump installed already
bov valve (ebay)
knN air filter
external 38mm wastegate

98moparR/T
1GN Registrant

Post by 98moparR/T » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:31 pm

youll need a map clamp and injectors....rrfpr and spoolboy at least
Adam

member # 5

04 blue srt4 - tein ss coilovers, dsp tuned, mpx exhaust, agp hardline with greddy type S bov
04 black srt4 - sold
owned 6 other neons and more to come

FiRnoEvO
1GN Registrant

Post by FiRnoEvO » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:34 pm

supposedly all the fuel system parts from a srt4 will fit on the dohc rt. fuel rail, injectors, pump, regulator... its all interchangeable. so if you pull the right parts you will have a fully upgraded fuel system ready for turbo. but you might wanna think bout doin a rebuild too tho even by only pushing 6-7 pounds in bout 6 months your shit might blow up. i see it happen all the time

metal_gear_jon
1GN Registrant

Post by metal_gear_jon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:33 pm

If you're doing this on the cheap,and just starting out, you WILL need a rising rate, larger injectors, a return line + spoolboy modded canister ( just really a return port added to it with a hose going to the internal canister that holds the fuel pump + bypassing the stock regulator which is a must) ,an used srt pump or a new walbro 255 (your choice), and a wideband o2 to help you "tune it" which means maintaining 14.7 ish at idle and anywhere from 10.5 thru 12.1 ( give or take) in boost. Still will need a map clamp or a missing link to prevent the pcm from "seeing" positive intake pressure. It will pull fuel if it does.

Stock pcm (perfered a sohc for the less agressive timing) NO AFX or mopar. Plus you will need to run 91+ octane to prevent detonation or "PINGING"

NO SAFC or none of that crap with this method.

Next difficult would be using a AEM FIC if you didn't want to use a RRFPR and modding the canister + return. You can control fuel ( injector pulsewith) and spark with this thing. Requires some wiring. Slightly bigger injectors (24lbs) should be used. You MAY need a 1:1 regulator for this. Search on the big .org for more info.

OR

Most complex +$$ would be using a megasquirt box to control everything. You can just piggyback it for only fuel + spark or you can replace the pcm if you want total control over everything.
Requires know how of the internal combustion engine to properly tune it ( or someone that does). Great for the DIY'er if you can solder and can read wiring diagrams. Again search the mean .org for more info.

Ask around and search, these are the three methods that work the best.

You will also need the oil to drain to the pan, pull the feed from the head or the oil pressure switch port. Good Luck!
'98 Alpine Green Coupe turbo fodder
^ Not mine...

http://www.tristateneons.org/ never forget...

Have a lol

Feeding the trolls since '07