advice

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons? just anything that is generally "engine" specific.
99sport
1GN Registrant

advice

Post by 99sport » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:34 pm

ok, as some of you may remember, im not really smart when it comes to performance for neons. but heres my idea:
10.5 compression pistons, crane 12s, p&p heads, polished intake mani, mid length headers, dynomax exhaust and a 75 shot. obviously thats not all im gonna have (udp, mounts, bobble, my own version of a 3.0 intake that ive been designing in my head for a while, and some other things) but those are the majors. so my question is would that be a pretty good setup to start out with, or should i do something different? its kinda similar to 2003silverneonsxt's setup, so i would like to thank him for some ideas.

and if anybody is curious about my version of the 3.0, let me know and ill try to explain it as best as i can in a different post, but ill tell you now it involves fiberglassing, and if i do end up making it, i might just do a how-to for it.

Vinny
Administrator

Post by Vinny » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:49 am

What you have there sounds pretty good. I would ditch the nitrous and go with bigger cams personally, but what you just laid out sounds like a good start.
suave23 wrote:Can you imagine how much pussy you'd pull if you had a pet monkey riding your pet dog with you everywhere you went?

99_fly_by
1GN Registrant

Post by 99_fly_by » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:55 pm

please do explain ur version of the 3.0
Got Neon?
Vinny wrote: This forum does still serve as a neons.org alternative for times when people get sick of the politics over there and/or want to say piss/fuck/cunt like an adult should be able to.

99sport
1GN Registrant

Post by 99sport » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:09 pm

Vinny wrote:What you have there sounds pretty good. I would ditch the nitrous and go with bigger cams personally, but what you just laid out sounds like a good start.
would 16s agree with the occasional 75 shot(3-7 runs every other weekend)? cause i would just use the nitrous for the track

99sport
1GN Registrant

Post by 99sport » Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:35 pm

its been a while for this thread, but does anybody know about how much power this would net me(with and without the 75 shot), and what octane i should run for the DD part of its life

mahifish
1GN Registrant

Post by mahifish » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:33 am

your going to need something to control fuel

INVUJerry
1GN Registrant

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:13 pm

I would do crane 18's and no smaller. You're going to need an Apexi SAFC to control the fuel, basically to pull fuel at idle since it will run rich. If you're doing a forged motor, I would look into getting a direct port nitrous setup with a progressive controller. Your motor will be able to handle a ton of power, with a progressive controller you can start out at a 35 shot at 4K RPM's, and have it ramp all the way up to a 125 shot at 7K or whatever. I would also look into getting a crane box to pull timing, so when you run nitrous you can pull timing, but still use a performance computer for the RPM's. For the gas, you would have to use 93 octane at all times, and preferrably race gas when you spray.
2005 Neon SXT Black - SOLD
1998 Neon Coupe - SOLD
2004 Neon SRT-4 - 13.9@102
1995 Neon ACR NYG Sedan - 12.5:1 SOHC coming
1996 ACR Sedan - Koni yellows, stock as hell
Free Philly

roysneon

Post by roysneon » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:24 pm

What Jerry said plus a sweet header, and either PT valvetrain (good) or Rhoades lifters and 2.7 rockers (Better, much more expensive)

a box intake wouldn't hurt either.

Now taking 1gn of the month submissions for free 1gn.org window decals! Details here

99sport
1GN Registrant

Post by 99sport » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:30 pm

INVUJerry wrote:I would do crane 18's and no smaller. You're going to need an Apexi SAFC to control the fuel, basically to pull fuel at idle since it will run rich. If you're doing a forged motor, I would look into getting a direct port nitrous setup with a progressive controller. Your motor will be able to handle a ton of power, with a progressive controller you can start out at a 35 shot at 4K RPM's, and have it ramp all the way up to a 125 shot at 7K or whatever. I would also look into getting a crane box to pull timing, so when you run nitrous you can pull timing, but still use a performance computer for the RPM's. For the gas, you would have to use 93 octane at all times, and preferrably race gas when you spray.
ok, with all that and the progressive controller set like that, about how much power would i be looking at, and about what times should i be looking at, ive never gone to a track for racing so if anybody has an estimate for me, take that into consideration too.