2.4 pcm and wiring harness.

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

2.4 pcm and wiring harness.

Post by nuklhed074 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 am

Ok i have the full 2.4 done and in the car but i am having issues getting it running, some more troubleshooting needs to be done but what if i just run a full engine harness and pcm from a 2.4? shouldnt be any trouble considering the engines are so close to the same and this would fix many wiring messes? Is there any issues i should know about before getting into it? Also what about running and A/T pcm in a M/t car i wouldn't think there would be an issue there but still i'm just throwing it out there.
My sohc runs good mid 15s should i do dohc?

srt4eh
1GN Registrant

Post by srt4eh » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:31 pm

You could run the full harness but it's easier to just reuse the 2.0 DOHC harness. Just need to swap the injector/coil wires. As for the atx PCM...it'll work fine...just will throw a CEL.
98 Neon R/T, 00 Neon, 06 Jeep GC SRT-8

nuklhed074
1GN Registrant

Post by nuklhed074 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:05 am

Thank you and im mostly wanting to do it this way to resolve any wiring issues that could be going on with my harness its old and a 95 and been messed with before i had the car. And i want the right tune for the motor in the car so i don't have to worry about it leaning out with stock injectors.
My sohc runs good mid 15s should i do dohc?