ARP studs

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

ARP studs

Post by 1genRTturbo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:25 pm

hey im looking for some info on the arp head studs for the 2.4 swap im doing. does anyone know how much to torque them at? i have a sequence but not a spec. guy from arp tech support wasnt even sure, he said either 70ftlbs or 90ftlbs. anyone used them on their motor?
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

Twisted Noodle
1GN Registrant

Post by Twisted Noodle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:57 am

Don't know if you found an answer to your problem, but I torqued the ARP studs to the original torque specs of the 2.4 SRT or PT GT engine. I can't remember off the top of my head, but the ARP studs are sturdier than the original bolts. You don't need to torque them any more than stock.

1genRTturbo
1GN Registrant

Post by 1genRTturbo » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:46 pm

actually i called arp tech reps, they told me to tourqe them higher. told them what i was doing and they looked it up, and yeah it was more. i couldnt belive it.
It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom!

Twisted Noodle
1GN Registrant

Post by Twisted Noodle » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:37 pm

If you're using higher boost levels than yes torque them to ARP specs. I was only running 18 psi and it held up for about 15k miles... then my car was rear ended... so further than I can't confirm.