2.4 stock rod vs srt rod for all motor set up??????

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
javier rt
1GN n00b

2.4 stock rod vs srt rod for all motor set up??????

Post by javier rt » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 am

I did the 2.4 swap in my car the car ran great untill i broke a rod. i live in Puerto Rico so its a little hard to get the rod here because there are many honda and mirage freaks here but no neon enthusiast, well we are less than 10 racing right now..

the cuestion is on a stock block what is better a stock rod or a srt rod???

stock rod is lighter than srt, low end is great but srt is heavier so high end is great......whats better.

my car has:
-crane 16
-udp
-40mm decked ported and polished head
-mega squirt
-custom made intake manifold
-70mm throttle body from a 350z(thats my pride and joy remember nissan has electronic tps i made it mechanical using stock neon tps)
-3.94 tranny

JeffB#2
1GN Registrant

Post by JeffB#2 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm

srt turbo rod is for floating pin pistons. non-srt rod is for pressed pin pistons. the srt rod is stronger but heavier.
You know me

DOHCRT
1GN Registrant

Post by DOHCRT » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:14 am

Since your not making enough power or turning enough RPM to really justify using a stronger rod, stick with the lighter rod to keep rotating and reciprocating weight as low as possible. Your rod failed because something else caused it to fail, not because it is not strong enough for your application. Be sure you're not over-revving the engine.

You may also want to consider using ARP rod bolts instead of the stock ones.
"Losers always whine about their 'best'. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen"

Project Log

javier rt
1GN n00b

Post by javier rt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:41 pm

good answer here are my facts. im planning to get some 12.5.1 piston and i have the chance to get the rods right knowthats why im doing the change, and actually its easier to get the srt rods than the stock stratus/caravan rod.