2.4L Swap Wiring Information

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
Low-Speed
1GN Registrant

2.4L Swap Wiring Information

Post by Low-Speed » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:25 am

For those of you who have successfully swapped a 2.4L into your cars, one thing lacking in this section is specific, detailed information on wiring changes.

Please post up:
1) What wires specifically have to be swapped
2) The wire colors for the wires in question (This is important for Noobs like me)
3) Any deviation or variation from the normal

I'm actually looking at swapping an NV T350 into a Stratus, and using the 2.0L DOHC computer. I'm fairly sure I know which wires need to be swapped, and what injectors I probably need to use, but I noticed this information in particular lacking in the swap forum.

Other helpful information that should be added to this (And I will update and consolidate information into this post) would be what mounts can be used for the 2.4 swap, which pulleys work, any brackets required, and any other good, basic information for those wanting to swap a 2.4 into a Neon. This is a pretty common thing now, and it's a shame that we don't have a nice, consolidated information thread on how to do this.

Feel free to contribute pictures to show anything specific, and I will be glad to include that in this thread. Let's get a good How-to setup going in here, that can be distributed to other sites, and let's make the information easily accessible to anyone considering a Neon. Remember guys, the easier you make something like this for a Noob, the more likely he is to want to play with the platform. The more people we have playing with the platform, the more parts that become available, the quality of the parts improves, and the prices drop. And let's face it, a 2.4 swap will run with an Integra GSR, and can be done for $500 or less, including the car if you're patient. Compare that to paying $4500+ for the GSR, and this can be a great option. So please, those of you with cameras, knowledge, and a little typing skill, please contribute.
We're all crazy, it's just a matter of degree.

BIGRAM
1GN Registrant

Post by BIGRAM » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 pm

http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=1101

i used this and it worked great

Low-Speed
1GN Registrant

Post by Low-Speed » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

I agree, it's great.
It's also in the HOW TO, rather than stickied in the Motor Swap, where it should be.
We're all crazy, it's just a matter of degree.