4G63???

Working on a DOHC or 2.4L swap, or maybe you have some other idea and have some questions? Feel free to ask them here...
jrobbins1313
1GN n00b

4G63???

Post by jrobbins1313 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:18 pm

ok so I didn't see anybody bring this up so im going to I have a 97 sport 2dr and im receiving a 500hp talon motor I was thinking of dropping into my car and eventually trying to do the whole powertrain but that would be down the road I was on neons .org where somebody said I could run an evo 9 motor which after looking it up is a 4G63 as well just spun already so my thought would be getting the evo 9 valve cover but any info would be appreciated and im not looking for people to talk shit just a thought if it cant be done ill just buy a talon shell but would love to run it in a neon

Wolfemancola
1GN Registrant

Re: 4G63???

Post by Wolfemancola » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:29 am

jrobbins1313 wrote:ok so I didn't see anybody bring this up so im going to I have a 97 sport 2dr and im receiving a 500hp talon motor I was thinking of dropping into my car and eventually trying to do the whole powertrain but that would be down the road I was on neons .org where somebody said I could run an evo 9 motor which after looking it up is a 4G63 as well just spun already so my thought would be getting the evo 9 valve cover but any info would be appreciated and im not looking for people to talk shit just a thought if it cant be done ill just buy a talon shell but would love to run it in a neon
would you be planning on using the 4g63 AWD drive train? if so, that would be cool to see a 500hp awd neon, but it would be a lot of work. i'm sure it "could" be done. this forum is pretty dead now so you should probably just post this question on neon.org. someone there would know a lot more about this than i would.
My car:
1998 Plymouth Neon EX 2-door coupe DOHC 5-speed with Cruise Control
ATX Throttle body, 3.0 intake with K&N filter, Mopar PCM, mopar motor mount with inserts, Booger Bushings, Rear view mirror with dual lights.